2013, 2014 or 2015 F6B - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2013, 2014 or 2015 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Tell that to Yamaha with their history of drivability trouble with the Super Tenere and the FZ-09.
    I don't know what the issues were with those bikes, but even DBW systems can be difficult if the engine is being pushed with regard to power output.

My point was that fixing\adjusting\experimenting throttle control issues is easier and more precise when done through a tune, as opposed to messing around with a physical linkage. You do need a good (great) tuner who knows what he's doing; maybe that was Yamaha's problem

Give me a good old cable any day.

Just want to say that the F6B is an awesome bike. As the years go by, there will always be modifications and improvements. One thing I was surprised when working on my F6B, Honda was still using the Waste Spark system on it. Why not use the Direct Ignition system COP. Today the ignition coils are smaller, lighter, higher quality and it incorporates the power transistor, eliminating the high tension wires, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jay View Post
    Give me a good old cable any day.
    C'monnnnnnn... enjoy the 21st century

Fuel injection > carburetion

Drive-by-wire > cable

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    C'monnnnnnn... enjoy the 21st century

Fuel injection > carburetion

Drive-by-wire > cable
    I Like fuel injection and many other modern developments just don't like drive by wire , most every vehicle I've driven with drive by wire isn't as smooth of a control as the old cable and fuel injection. Just my experience and opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mholmes226 View Post
    Hey SCMike,

Which dealer are you referring to? I'm still in the market for an F6B. Thanks!
    Schroaders in Hendersonville, N.C.

Quote Originally Posted by mholmes226 View Post
    Hey SCMike,

Which dealer are you referring to? I'm still in the market for an F6B. Thanks!
    yes i wpuld like like to know which dealer as i am also looking for one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jay View Post
    I Like fuel injection and many other modern developments just don't like drive by wire , most every vehicle I've driven with drive by wire isn't as smooth of a control as the old cable and fuel injection. Just my experience and opinion.
    I hear ya. I guess I'm on a bit of a rant. I don't have the Stumble but I do have a VERY twitchy throttle at times... twist a little but get a big response. Sometimes this is just embarrassing, but in other situations it's dangerous. I doubt if much can be done easily to fix this in a cabled system, but if it were drive-by-wire a "simple" tune adjustment could make this disappear.

The future is DTC transmission... A sixth traditional gear is a nonsense...
    I would like someone of you ride a Crosstourer 1200 to understand what I'm sayin'

You mean DCT... dual clutch? It's already here in higher end cars.

That's a nice EVOLUTIONARY change, but what's the next REVOLUTIONARY change? This whole business of using gears and bopping the engine in and out of it's power band is inefficient.