2013, 2014 or 2015 F6B - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2013, 2014 or 2015 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    You mean DCT... dual clutch? It's already here in higher end cars.

That's a nice EVOLUTIONARY change, but what's the next REVOLUTIONARY change? This whole business of using gears and bopping the engine in and out of it's power band is inefficient.
    Not only in higher end cars anymore...I have DSG with DCT in my 2012 VW GTI. This is no automatic "slush box" and you can think of it as an electronically-shifted manual transmission. And, you're right, it's a fantastic transmission that shifts better than I could shift manually. I can either let it do everything automatically (in either drive or sport mode) or I can paddle-shift it. Imagine an F6B with paddle-shifting and no clutch or gear shifter to worry about If it didn't add too much weight or take up too much room, I could get very excited about that.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Please let them get rid of the linked brakes. Don't mind the front applying the back, but the back applying the front is dangerous in many circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Please let them get rid of the linked brakes. Don't mind the front applying the back, but the back applying the front is dangerous in many circumstances.
    Maybe your post has some personal opinions or experience, but Honda has built this linked-brake system for 15 years without any issues that I am aware of...Once used to the feel, it works fine for me...Have had a few bikes with ABS and did not notice much difference in how the bike stopped or handled...Maybe it bothers some and not others....Some are really "hung-up" on ABS, others don't much care...I suppose the day is coming when all bikes, large or small will have ABS options.....

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Maybe your post has some personal opinions or experience, but Honda has built this linked-brake system for 15 years without any issues that I am aware of...Once used to the feel, it works fine for me...Have had a few bikes with ABS and did not notice much difference in how the bike stopped or handled...Maybe it bothers some and not others....Some are really "hung-up" on ABS, others don't much care...I suppose the day is coming when all bikes, large or small will have ABS options.....
    There are road conditions, such as ice, gravel, wet leaves and oil spills (all of which I've come across) where the use of the rear brake alone is required to slow down, any application of front brake could cause an accident.

Personally I don't care about the ABS just would like the option to apply rear brake only

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    The future is DTC transmission... A sixth traditional gear is a nonsense...
    I would like someone of you ride a Crosstourer 1200 to understand what I'm sayin'
    I would like to ride a Crosstourer 1200!!!

Well there is a simple fix to buying Fly-By-Wire. Look on Craig's List and get you a 1989 Aspencade.
    I am not really concerned with issues with new technology at this point. I am very Happy with my 2013 and hope that by 2016 or 2017 the F6B will have more comforts that I want.

fl1madmax

{Please Honda Give me a 6th Gear, I would like to cruise at 2000 rpm

Quote Originally Posted by SCMike View Post
    It may be hard to get a 2015. I spoke with the owner of a huge regional Honda dealer specializing in Gold Wings today. He said he still has 18 2013s and has never ordered a 2014 and won't until he sells the '13s. He said he doesn't believe any of the 2015s have been imported into this country.

gas mileage would be vastly improved and wear and tear on motor !!!!! any body agree ?

Who knows as yet...Perhaps a 6th gear may come in the 2016 GW??? I am fairly sure Honda has tested/considered this transmission update, but then again, many riders do not see the need...including me....I like the power delivery the way it is....JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by pitcherd View Post
    Well there is a simple fix to buying Fly-By-Wire. Look on Craig's List and get you a 1989 Aspencade.
    I am not really concerned with issues with new technology at this point. I am very Happy with my 2013 and hope that by 2016 or 2017 the F6B will have more comforts that I want.
    2013 F6B has throttle cable not fly by wire , one reason why I love my f6b.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I've got an 86 Aspencade sitting here with liked brakes. Longer than 15 years.