2013, 2014 or 2015 F6B
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2013, 2014 or 2015 F6B

2013, 2014 or 2015 F6B

Any opinion on if there is any difference or if one model is better that the other, 2013 or 2014??

Also I have done research and I have not found any information about the 2015 prices. Is ther any speculation of the prices for the 2015 models?

2013 and 2014 are the same. I believe the 2015 includes cruise control on the standard model. Several guys will be along shortly to clarify all of this for you.

One issue that I've always been curious about is the Tooling. Honda developed machining equipment to produce the Goldwing motor. That machining will wear over time, possibly causing clearances to approach their limits and go out of spec. I'm sure these specs and clearances are checked regularly, but it is possible that later models may have tolerances that are at the outer limits of spec, possibly before the machining is refurbished or replaced.

That is why I purchased a 2013. Although I don't know whether the F6B GL1800 motor comes off of the same assembly line as the full Goldwing.
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by mholmes226 View Post
    Any opinion on if there is any difference or if one model is better that the other, 2013 or 2014??

Also I have done research and I have not found any information about the 2015 prices. Is ther any speculation of the prices for the 2015 models?
    They r all the same IMO. Goldwing platform has been around even before I was born. It has been improved, refined and upgraded. 2015 comes with cruise and that's it I think. If I were U, I wud get one of the 13 or 14 for a good deal. And install -------- for like $1000 and U will still save ton of money. Have a feeling u can get 13 or 14 for like close to $ 13k now.

If cost is a factor then get a leftover 2013. Great deals to be had and the bikes haven't changed very much. Some say the transmission was upgraded in 2014 and 2015 has cruise control standard. I love my 2013 F6B. Smooth, fast, comfortable, reliable and handles like a giant sport bike. Easily the best bike I've ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by mholmes226 View Post

Wouldn't call it speculation my dealer told me the 2015 is $500 more than the 2014. I am in.

Quote Originally Posted by slather1 View Post
    Wouldn't call it speculation my dealer told me the 2015 is $500 more than the 2014. I am in.
    Dealers say a lot of things. Unless you were actually shown something official from Honda, I'd still call it speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyRider View Post
    Dealers say a lot of things. Unless you were actually shown something official from Honda, I'd still call it speculation.
    Ha Ha OK

Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post
    That machining will wear over time, possibly causing clearances to approach their limits and go out of spec. I'm sure these specs and clearances are checked regularly, but it is possible that later models may have tolerances that are at the outer limits of spec, possibly before the machining is refurbished or replaced.
    All robotics are programmed to compensate for tooling wear.

In 2014, the 4th and 5th gears of the trans were upgraded with improved hardening. This applies to all Goldwing production.
    If you want the most recent updating to all components, you get a '15. If you want the best price, you get a '13.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    All robotics are programmed to compensate for tooling wear.

In 2014, the 4th and 5th gears of the trans were upgraded with improved hardening. This applies to all Goldwing production.
    If you want the most recent updating to all components, you get a '15. If you want the best price, you get a '13.
    I agree if price is what you are concerned about shop for a 13. Cruise wasn't a deal breaker for me. I used it on my 12 Wing but in all reality I have owned bikes since 1975 and have ridden all over the country including Alaska with out it. I found a 2013 F6 new at a local dealer. I am in an out of the place because I am currently attempting to restore a 1982 CB 750F, the F6 sat there for 4 months while a couple of black deluxes came and went. I got it for 13.5K and demanded what I wanted for the Wing, in no way did I think they would do it but they did. They will deal on 13's if you can find one and if you are going to keep it for a while the year is not all that important.

I was at a bike swap meet and sale yesterday just looking around..Stopped at a trike display and ended up talking with the owner..His info, right or wrong, or just speculation, is that the GW and F6B are going to be completely updated for 2016...New and larger motor, new adjustable suspensions, adjustable electric windshield, upgraded instruments, etc. etc,...Said it was time Honda moved forward as the new BMW as taken the top spot away from Honda's touring bikes???...No opinion one way another, just what I was told by him.....