RAM Mount X-Grip--Be Careful
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RAM Mount X-Grip--Be Careful

RAM Mount X-Grip--Be Careful

I purchase the RAM Mount X-Grip IV for my iPhone 6 Plus.

It held my phone until the first bump in the road and the phone flew out.

I was only going 20 so I was able to catch it and hold it until I could safely stop.

Open to mounting suggestions.

Thanks!

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I had one, it dropped my droid on the first trip 2 minutes into the ride.....my phone was destroyed. My friend has one on his Wing and has used it for 2 years trouble free. .I don't get it? I bought the one that worked with my phone model and did everything as instructed...not sure why it didn't work for me.

A friend of mine got the new iPhone 6 so he gave me his 5 cover and mount from http://www.quadlockcase.com/index/

I really like the system but haven't found a good spot to mount it on the F6B. I put the bike mount on my Harley because of the round bars. The bike mount is spring loaded so it holds on tight. I got some stick on mounts but haven't decided where to put one on the F6B.

Another system is http://www.rokform.com/

Another friend uses this one on his mountain bike and likes it.

I use the x grip with otter box defender case for my s4. Never been a problem.

Me too no issues for years !!! See...if maybe there is some type of coating on the rubber "holders"...clean with alcohol and test?????
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

mine failed too

I bought one at Americade this year for my droid maxx, yup, first bump shook it loose, put phone in otterbox defender case thinking rubber feet on rubber case would = better grip, nope , first bump slips out. I can hold mount w/ phone in my hand and swing it around and it holds, but a bump on bike makes it fail.

I tried that mount with a Magellan 7" GPS within a 1/2 mile of my house it came out, maybe it's a quality control issue.

I have had no problems also.Works great for my phones.I use the x-grip universal model
    Ride it like you stole it

My X-Grip mount failed too... after I hit a bump on the freeway, my Droid MAXX came loose and dropped on to the freeway... long gone. Now I just use a dedicated Garmin 660 mount and use my Garmin when needed.

Maybe it is a quality control issue... but I've read the larger the phone, the higher probability the phone will come loose. I have two riding buddies who also use the X-mount for the smaller iPhone and a Samsung galaxy S....and they have had no issues.

I've thought about maybe placing a rubber band or something around the x-grip while the phone was mounted to prevent the x-grip to move and dislodge the phone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mine too.

Same problem with mine, first bump and out it came. (galaxy note 3) I just use a rubber band to tether it to the mount now.