RAM Mount X-Grip--Be Careful - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RAM Mount X-Grip--Be Careful

I bought one. Did not trust it from the time I got it. I found a fully enclosed, water resistant one on Amazon and trust it fully. I did a 2200 miles trip with the enclosed phone holder and never had a problem. Just one of those sunk fund items that looked good but not functional.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the tip, my X-Grip is already on the way, I'll make sure to test/secure my phone before I go for a ride.

Friend has on his Wing. Fell off twice. Now uses velcro on mount with no problems.

I decided to try my X mount in my motor home on my way to Arizona this week. The X brace held fine but my suction cup mount would not stay attached to the side window. Grrrr. I must be destined not to use this thing.

Attachment 9183
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^^^

Nice rig!

The one I had failed too. The grip simply does not have enough tension to hold the devices in place.

I use the X grip on my Samsung S3 with no problems. The phone is in an OtterBox case if that makes any difference.

At the Expo today I met w/ Dan Kim who advised that the phone holder should not have failed unless, someone used the BIG one to hold a small phone... Feel free to PX or EML...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    At the Expo today I met w/ Dan Kim who advised that the phone holder should not have failed unless, someone used the BIG one to hold a small phone... Feel free to PX or EML...
    Thank you for the research--I used my iPhone 6 Plus on X-grip mount. I doubt the "phone was too small" will come into play but I will follow up.
    Thanks again!

I have used the x-grip on several phones. I believe the secret is the phone case, a good case like defender or body glove, should hold it fine. Occasionally one x arm hits the volume buttons but it's nothing to adjust it. Make sure you push all four sides below the x grip fingers.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt