I used this shifter for several thousand miles... and I really wanted to like it, but it began to severely affect my shifting. I'm sure much of this has to do with my driving style which is EXTREMELY aggressive and when I shift, I shift... fast and immediate would be a way to describe it.

The Kury shifter is a nicely made piece, very strong and sturdy, but I think this is part of the problem. It's quite heavy and there's too much mass being levered off the tranny arm... in my layman opinion... and I'm discovering the tranny arm is a bit too sensitive to work well with it. Further, there's a bit of slop in the linkage and I'm not quite sure how this affects things, if at all, but slop is not a good thing any way you slice it. Frankly I doubt if this slop is better or worse than any other heal-toe shifter out there; it's just the nature of the beast.

When I first got the 6 and installed this, it seemed to work fine. But after getting to know the bike and push it hard, the lack of precision in the heal-toe shifter appears to be problematic... for me anyway, for my driving style. I'd note, however, that I'm no pro... most of my shifts can probably be called clunky and sloppy by someone who can shift well. If I were better at pre-loading and if my coordination was better, maybe I wouldn't be having these problems but I'm not at that point in time of being better.

Below are the issues that I experienced with my heal-toe shifter. I've since removed it and am currently monitoring these issues; so far, much better.

1. 1st to 2nd missed shifts.
This happens frequently on hole-shots... quick acceleration from a standing stop. Looking for 2nd gear but finding neutral far too often to deal with.

2. Engaging neutral.
More times than not this turned into a ping-pong match where I'd skip through neutral several times before actually finding it. I think the mass of the shifter exacerbated this problem.

3. Ghost shift in the upper gears.
I had a gear change on at least one occasion that I feel was related to an "incomplete" shift... or a "soft" shift... it felt as if the shift did not result in a firm engagement which subsequently led to the tranny dropping into another gear by itself. I don't know if that makes physical sense but that's what it felt like.