SpeedoHealer install?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: SpeedoHealer install?

SpeedoHealer install?

Anyone install a SpeedoHealer in their 'B ?

I'm putting one in shortly, as my speedo reads about 6.5% high. and am looking for ideas where to mount the control box and max speed button. There's lots of ideas for the GL1800, but nothing out there for the 'B yet.

WOW!!! With the stock tires my bike was off by 1/4 MPH....6.5% is a lot !!!!! Yea I know the speedo is driven off the tranny....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    WOW!!! With the stock tires my bike was off by 1/4 MPH....6.5% is a lot !!!!! Yea I know the speedo is driven off the tranny....
    I was actually surprised. When I checked mine against the GPS at above 70 mph, mine seemed to be dead on. Granted, I'm looking at an analog speedometer , not sure how you calculated that 1/4 mph

My 2009 Silverwing was off by exactly the same amount. I wonder if it's a metric conversion thing for the Canadian models. Cruising down the highway at 100 kph indicated, and only doing 94 kph actual , is a PITA. I got tired of having to do constant mental calculations to at least drive at the speed limit.

In thinking about the location of the SpeedoHealer box, the lockable bin above the gas filler looks promising. I never use it anyway. I just keep that silly helmet cable in there.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    My 2009 Silverwing was off by exactly the same amount. I wonder if it's a metric conversion thing for the Canadian models. Cruising down the highway at 100 kph indicated, and only doing 94 kph actual , is a PITA. I got tired of having to do constant mental calculations to at least drive at the speed limit.

In thinking about the location of the SpeedoHealer box, the lockable bin above the gas filler looks promising. I never use it anyway. I just keep that silly helmet cable in there.
    Where are you coming up with your actual? If it is from a GPS, did you use the same GPS on both bikes? General consensus is these bikes are pretty dead on, and to have it be exactly the same as your last bike is weird.

My bikes speedo is dead on with my Garmin GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    Where are you coming up with your actual? If it is from a GPS, did you use the same GPS on both bikes? General consensus is these bikes are pretty dead on, and to have it be exactly the same as your last bike is weird.
    Yes, same GPS on both bikes. I would like to know if any other Canadian F6B's are out by the same amount (6% low)

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Mine is pretty dead on to my GPS...

My F6B is dead on, but my Valkyrie was about 5MPH high.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

There's another Canadian owner on here I know.
    DeWadd, is your speedo out as much as mine?