SpeedoHealer install? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SpeedoHealer install?

You just have to crack open the speedo and clean out all that maple syrup and politeness that gets gummed up in there and then you will be back to normal.

My speedo shows 105km/h when the zumo is showing 100km/h.

Quote Originally Posted by Denisr View Post
    My speedo shows 105km/h when the zumo is showing 100km/h.
    I had to Google Palmerston, ACT.
    I had never heard of ACT.
    I learned something today: Australian Capital Territory

Mine is dead on to my GPS
    2013 Honda F6B #374 (darksided)
    2004 Honda NRX1800 RUNE #274
    2008 Can Am Spyder #21 (basically factory darksided. )
    1989 Kawasaki KZ1000 Police
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200

Even 6%. At 100 your off by 6 mph. No big deal. Who drives the speed limit anyway.so around town you would be off by maybe 1 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
    Even 6%. At 100 your off by 6 mph. No big deal. Who drives the speed limit anyway.so around town you would be off by maybe 1 mph.
    I'm off -6%. At all speeds. I don't know why you focus on 100 mph.

It is a big deal.

At 100 kph indicated, which is our typical highway speed limit, I'm doing 94 actual. I don't like cagers crawling up my butt. To compensate I must do at least 108 indicated. Again, a PITA.

SpeedoHealer will make it all go away.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I'm off -6%. At all speeds. I don't know why you focus on 100 mph.

It is a big deal.

At 100 kph indicated, which is our typical highway speed limit, I'm doing 94 actual. I don't like cagers crawling up my butt. To compensate I must do at least 108 indicated. Again, a PITA.

SpeedoHealer will make it all go away.
    How will speedo healer make it go away? In the U.S. if you try to drive the speed limit anywhere they will run over you. And 6% is nothing when the cagers are driving anywhere from 25 to 30 mph over the limit. You go with the flow or expect them to be up your butt. These people are flying on the highways, back roads and even in town. I wasn't focusing on 100 ,it was just a comparison. Don't know kph. At 100, it's 6 mph, at 50 it's 3 mph no big deal.

It's not a HUGE error... not a HUGE deal... it COULD be ignored.

But why ignore it if there's a way to fix it and therefore know your precise speed... whether you're going the limit... or 30 over... with or without traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
    At 100, it's 6 mph, at 50 it's 3 mph no big deal.
    Where do you get that from? I'll put it in metric for you, as your backwards country is one of only two on Earth that are not metric.
    At 50 kph (30 mph for the Luddites) it's out 5 kph. At 100 kph (62.5 mph) it's out 6 kph. Most of our country has a speed limit of 100 kph.
    At 120 kph (75 mph) , it's still out 6 kph. I don't know why you're fixated that the error is linear, because it's not.

Why am I concerned? Unlike the US, we do not have motorists typically running 25-30 mph over the limit. Our traffic speeds are heavily enforced. The penalties for speeding here are substantial. Going 20 kph (12 mph over the limit will net a $500 fine + 3 demerits on the driver's licence. Believe it or not, there are developed countries out there that believe in road safety. The SpeedoHealer corrects for the inaccuracy of the speedometer and odometer. I want my speedo and odo to read correctly. Why do you have such a tough time with that?

Don't get your feathers all ruffled

You said earlier you were off -6% at all speeds... that's where the linearity came from.