Honda Australia ( response to three simple questions)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda Australia ( response to three simple questions)

Honda Australia ( response to three simple questions)

Gday all, I wrote to Honda in Australia and asked three straightforward and what I thought were simple questions.
    1/ Why am i being asked to pay more than double the price for aftermarket products compared to the U.S. and Europe ?

2/ why do I not have the option or choice to buy the Deluxe version in Australia.

3/ why am I having paint issues with a new bike ?

Here is the response:
    Dear Roger,

We refer to your recent communication regarding the questions regarding your F6B and would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Unfortunately, it is not always possible to obtain all of the models produced by our factories worldwide. There are a number of factors involved in determining our model line-up, such as production costs, product availability, exchange rates and modification requirements for our market etc. This includes accessories.

We also review feedback from our future and existing customer base and also market trends obtained from our dealer network.

We can advise that Honda uses clear coat on some paints with metallic, flake and pearl finish to enhance lustre of the colour. Usually, non-metallic blacks and reds are deemed to have a better looking finish without clear coat.

For routine or normal paint care, Honda recommends high quality wash products and waxes or detailing products that are free of abrasive polishing compounds. Regular application of high quality wax will provide a protective coating, minimizing paint scratching and scuffing. All painted surfaces, whether clear coated or not, collect dust and dirt. Swirl marks and scratches are created when the surface is not cleaned prior to the application of the finishing polish. It may also happen when rough cloth is used on a dry paint surface.

If the paint has small scratches or swirl marks, they can be rubbed out with a finishing polish containing mild compounds, such as 3M Perfect-it Machine Polish. This commercially available product has shown great results in removing the haze and small scratches that appear during normal usage. After small scratches are removed, a mild polishing product such as Honda Glare should be used to attain the final gloss. Applying these products to recently un-crated units with minor paint blemishes could eliminate the unnecessary replacement of body panels and prevent sales delays.

Paint on the polishing cloth is normal and is caused by the type of polish being used. Some waxes and all finishing polishes, especially those made for removing fine scratches, swirls and other imperfections will remove some paint.

Products recommended by Honda, Please ensure you follow the usage instructions listed on the product.
    Honda Glare Ultra Wash P/N 08732-GLR-002
    Honda Glare Professional Polish P/N 08731-GLR-001
    Hondagloss Liquid Polish and Sealant P/N 08C25-A081S
    Spray Cleaner and Polish P/N 08732-SCP00
    3M Products www.3M.com Perfect-it Machine Polish (3M P/N 06064)

Feel free to contact us again should you have any further questions.

Regards,

Stephen Lee

Customer Relations
    Honda Australia Motorcycles and Power Equipment

At no point does the reply email say anything like I'm sorry you may have paint issues how can we help to resolve it ?
    It also advises me that I should have applied Honda Glare but that it should be done before the bike is sold,am I reading that correctly ?
    There is no justification for the incredible price hikes applied here , $500 for a service manual ! Although I was told it had a lot of pages!
    If you want me to buy aftermarket items then stop charging so much that I have no incentive to walk back into the shop once I have purchased the bike.
    I expect to pay more here in Australia that's just the way it is , ok maybe 15% to 25% but not 100% +.
    Thanks for letting me rant guys
    Roger

Same here in New Zealand ! Honda is really taking us for cash cows...

Check out the prices of Harley Davidson motorcycles and parts in Japan and some other countries around the world..Talk about these companies making "rip-off" sales...Then check out CEO salaries and bonuses.....WOW!!!

Well of course i now buy from the US, well up until the AU$ fell in a heap, I've found that i can get the items i require for about half the price delivered to Canberra than buying them here.

Chris

Copy and pasted from Honda Office !!! About the same thing some guy read to me !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Reply to Honda Australia

Here's my reply to Honda and I just want to say I Love My Bike.

Thanks for your reply to my email,
    However none of your answers address my questions directly.
    On the paint issue; here you have a customer stating that he has issues with the product purchased,if that statement came to my company my first reaction would be to ask the customer specifically what was the problem and how could we help resolve it not just suggest that I go and buy more Honda products without knowing the specifics of the problem.
    The answer given re the paint is also identical to answers given re the same problem that can be found on the Internet and makes me think it is the generic Honda response.
    Re the deluxe f6b; I do understand that different regulations apply country to country but I can't imagine that heated grips and cruise control are major issues when I can legally purchase and fit them aftermarket.
    I also wonder how much weight that adds to the bike and what would the freight charge increase really be ?
    Re aftermarket pricing; I fully appreciate that things cost money to import etc but the retail cost to purchase from Australian dealers is often more than 75% more and I have found several items at more than 110% of the cost to purchase at retail and including delivery from overseas.
    The reality is that pricing for the initial bike purchase is high enough and we all have to accept that but the cost of aftermarket products certainly for the f6b does nothing but drive customers to the Internet.
    Every time I have wanted to purchase an aftermarket item I have deliberately looked first at buying from my local Honda dealer knowing that it would be more expensive but honestly wanting to buy from and support Australian business's but even with the dealer trying their best to help the percentage difference is so high it makes it unworkable.
    I would hope to get a genuine and honest non generic reply to these questions.
    Yours sincerely

This is also true.

I recently tried to purchase a centre stand for my bike as was quoted $278 AU from the local dealers.

I just purchased one from japan for $119 AU delivered to my door in 7 days.

http://japan.webike.net/products/21178663.html

This is even cheaper than the US. Hard to believe I know.

Cheers

Minor verbiage issue

Reb,
    When you use the term "aftermarket" - that implies (at least stateside) going to 3d party vendors, not the OEM, in our case Honda.

"Every time I have wanted to purchase an aftermarket item I have deliberately looked first at buying from my local Honda dealer..."
    If your Honda dealer sells Klockwerks windscreens and MacCruise Cruise Control - that's great, but Honda Inc won't care about that. If you are referring to "Genuine Honda Accessories for the F6B" then you may get Honda Inc's attention.

Minor, but maybe important when dealing with Mother Honda.
    Cheers,
    Steve

Have seen aftermarket as items purchased after initial bike purchase and either oem or not.
    But I take your point and have further clarified the term in another email to Honda
    Thanks Steve
    Roger

What I've paid from the US including fast shipping

Passenger backrest, Rear Carrier and additional mounting gear $823.62 au

11 inch tinted screen $314.99 au

Centre stand $about 310.00 au

I can often get the items within a couple of days if i wish to pay the freight.

Chris