Windshield Heights - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windshield Heights

Unhappy

Thanks Fellas, that's exactly the advice I needed. Much appreciated.

Prices are always a bone of contention here. Even i Tunes we pay $1.60 per song and about $16 AUD per current album and that was while our dollar was near (or higher) than the USD....it's now dropped to about 86c. New Paperbacks in Book Shops will be about $30.

My daughter (33) is a Major in the Australian Army and is on about $90k if that helps with wages comparison. Son (31) is a High Voltage Cable Jointer (Underground Linesman) with our Electricity Supplier on about $70k including O/T. Youngest daughter a qualified Kindy Teacher on about $30 an hour as a casual. I'm on nothing an hour :-( , but I am (or will be) bumming around on an F6B

Thanks again for your great help.

p.s. The 6 I'm waiting on is a new standard 2014 with ABS. They don't seem to do a 'Deluxe' here, but with the price of 'Accessories', you can probably understand why. Recommended retail $27k on road which was brought down to $25,199 AUD on road without any bartering from me. No Trade in and Cash. They've just finished a run-out of red 2013's for $19,990 ride away.

There appears to be about 6 or 7 used 2013's on the market across the country in that $19k area.

I think we've got about 9 or 10 Wing Dealers across this great brown land of ours.

I live in the north of the State and about 850 miles from the State Capital, then there's the 'Far North' (Cairns) and then there's crocodiles for the further 400 odd miles to the tip of the State.

Sydney (East Coast) to Perth (West Coast) is about 2,500 miles.

Just a bit of trivia for you.

Must do a run to Townsville in the coming year, it's like coming home, spent 12 years there with the Army and love the Qld lifestyle.

A mate and i did the round Aust thing in 2012, 18000 km and loved it. I was on a BM R1150RT which i currently have up for sale, can't afford to register and insure two machines these days on a service pension.

We are planning another trip to Normanton sometime as we want to do the train trip to Croydon which we keep missing, i think it runs on a Thurs from Normanton and returns on the Fri. If anyone wants to look it up, the train is called the Gulflander and it rates in Au with the Indian Pacific and the Gan which are all must do train trips.

maybe able to catch up further down the track

Cheers Chris

Chris
    I worked in Townsville from 86-92 and haven't seen the place since coming back up this way (Beach near Ingham) in May this year to do a reno on a cyclone and Tenant battered house I own on the beach. I could not believe how much TVL has grown, it really is the 'Capital of the North' as advertised by the signs greeting people north and south. Industry everywhere. The only thing I haven't done is take a photo of the 'Rock' outside Lavarack for a mate who requested it. In a couple of weeks I'll be heading 'home' to the Sunshine Coast. If you need a bed for the night or two on your travels and you can put up with the sound of surf, let me know. Might even be able to do a jaunt around the Sunshine Coast hinterland on the bikes up to Maleny and Monteville for a skinny soy capucinno or XXXX.

G'day ken, priced up rear backrest and luggage rack in Sydney , it came to just over $1300 !
    There was also a two week wait for delivery and fitting would have been extra at $121 per hour !
    Purchased from Honda East in Toledo via there web site,total cost including delivery was $788 australian. Delivered to nsw within four days.
    Fitted parts myself and it only took 45 min.
    Keep trying to support Australian company's but at twice the price I can't justify doing so.
    Cheers
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Reb View Post
    G'day ken, priced up rear backrest and luggage rack in Sydney , it came to just over $1300 !
    There was also a two week wait for delivery and fitting would have been extra at $121 per hour !
    Purchased from Honda East in Toledo via there web site,total cost including delivery was $788 australian. Delivered to nsw within four days.
    Fitted parts myself and it only took 45 min.
    Keep trying to support Australian company's but at twice the price I can't justify doing so.
    Cheers
    Roger
    I know what you mean Roger. I think we're just putting bread on the table for a whole lot of middle men. I expect to pay a Premium but not double or triple. I've previously bought a genuine Nike Golf Driver from the States. $125 plus freight of about $60 and arrived at my door on the Sunshine Coast in 4 days. My local Golf Shop had the same club for sale for $850 and I'm pretty sure they're made in Asia anyway. Something's crook.

Hey Roger,
    Do you have a link to their website?
    and what did you actually order, and was it all there on arrival? I was told the the package i wanted was the passenger backrest, the rear rack and additional mounting hardware, all expensive stuff here.

If you are happy with the supplier i would be happy to do the same.

Regards and best Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cosborn View Post
    Hey Roger,
    Do you have a link to their website?
    and what did you actually order, and was it all there on arrival? I was told the the package i wanted was the passenger backrest, the rear rack and additional mounting hardware, all expensive stuff here.

If you are happy with the supplier i would be happy to do the same.

Regards and best Chris
    Hey Chris

http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/

I had a look for the same stuff and found the website a little hard to navigate around to locate the exact parts. Unless Roger can tell you otherwise I'd suggest an email enquiry. I'm not in the market just yet, but will be in a month or so and would be keen to know how you get on.

Cheers
    Ken.

Cheers Ken, Interesting navigation.

Chris

I'm one of them riders that know why dogs hang their heads out the window