Caution when ordering a Service Manual from Helm

Thread: Caution when ordering a Service Manual from Helm

Angry Caution when ordering a Service Manual from Helm

I ordered a service manual from Helm for my (fast red) 2103 F6B. They had both 2012-2103 and 2012-2104 versions of manuals titled GL1800A / GL1800B/BD listed. Since I only have the 2013 model, I chose that version (part no 61MCA61). When it arrived, it was a 2012 GL1800A manual with a sticker to put on the cover that changed it to 2012-2013 GL1800/A model - no mention of the GL1800B/BD. For the standard Goldwing, I am sure that the 2012 manual is fine for the 2013 model year, but of course, the F6B didn't exist in 2012, so the manual does not have any F6B specific information. I called Helm to complain and am waiting "up to 5 days" to be called back so they can determine if they shipped me the right manual.

I will let you know how it turns out, but if you order, I would for sure choose the 2012-2104 version (part number 61MCA63) so you at least have a chance of getting the F6B info covered.

P.S. I haven't opened it yet because I don't want them to tell me I can't return it because it has been opened, but based on the titles I can see, I am confident it does not include F6B information, because I have seen copies where the GL1800B/BD is clearly listed on the title page

You are correct, you have the wrong manual. That version has no information about the F6B. I got the same manual from my dealer when I first ordered it and had to return it for the proper manual that covers both the GL1800A and the GL1800B.

Try this here: http://www.service-shop-repair-manua...ir-manual-etm/

It's where I got mine...very fast shipping. I prefer supporting small mom-n-pop retailers like this when possible.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Try this here: http://www.service-shop-repair-manua...ir-manual-etm/

It's where I got mine...very fast shipping. I prefer supporting small mom-n-pop retailers like this when possible.
    I have that manual. Appears good but you can tell by the pictures it is a photocopy.

Update

The customer service folks from Helm called me back (before the 5 day limit :-) and were as helpful as they could be. The good news is they are refunding my money as they realize they didn't send what was advertised. Better news - I don't need to return the manual, so I have a partially useful manual for free. They are going to call me back in a few more days to let me know if they really have the right F6B manual.

By the way, with reference to the previous post - this manual is excellent quality - definitely an original print and not a photocopy. All of the text, diagrams and photos are top quality. Price for the manual was $79.95 plus $10 shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    I have that manual. Appears good but you can tell by the pictures it is a photocopy.
    Son of a B! Really? I just figured the pics were low quality from Honda.

I'm gonna take a closer look at this; thanks. If this guy is really selling photocopied manuals, he's gonna get a piece of my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Son of a B! Really? I just figured the pics were low quality from Honda.

I'm gonna take a closer look at this; thanks. If this guy is really selling photocopied manuals, he's gonna get a piece of my mind.
    Yes, those service-shop-repair-manuals are copies. I have never understood how they get away with selling copies.

The only authentic manuals come from Helm, and are very nice in a three ring binder. For me it is worth the extra few bucks to get the real manual.

The guy is probably disregarding the copyright... sooner of later he'll get reported and sued.

This jackass was selling his manuals cheaper, now he's selling at the same price as Helm. The gall.