New Windshield--to Vent or not to Vent - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Windshield--to Vent or not to Vent

In warmer climates, the vent is a must for airflow. In all areas, reduction in the void created by the wind between the windshield and rider makes it a must for me. I would not own a taller windhield without a vent. JMHO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I appreciate the vent here in Pa. Close it on the cool rides and open it when it's warm. Best of both worlds.

Check out the Madstad windshield. If you like it, vents become a non-issue. I wouldn't part with mine. Madstad is a Forum sponsor.

+1 for vent.

Is it reasonable to assume that a non vented screen causes more 'buffeting'? i.e. If your melon is moving ever so slightly in and out of that critical point of the slipstream caused by a non vented screen. In other words a bit of wind at the top is forcing it back and the slipstream is yanking it forward as the 2 forces compete near that point of a happy balance?

A vent with a variable adjustment should be able to create a sweet spot depending on what your riding style is like.

I guess the question is, do Ventees find this?

I just noticed that Bobby addressed this. Sorry Bobby.

With the vent, you have options, closed-open or anywhere in-between. Without the vent, no options.
    Ray

2013 F6B Deluxe with Hannigan Trike Kit (all repainted metallic silver)
    2007 EZGO Electric Golf Cart

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    Check out the Madstad windshield. If you like it, vents become a non-issue. I wouldn't part with mine. Madstad is a Forum sponsor.
    I Love my 'Stad!

In the summer, I've thought about a scoop or something on the base to redirect some air straight to the riders chest / midsection.
    Friggin TONS of air coming up behind the shield, and you can lower that stream down some to get air around head/shoulders, but would like to 'experiment' with a little more air just at the torso,,,

Whether having a vent or not, the Baker Built (Forum sponsor) Hand Wings are a great addition for air flow control. The closed position gives wind protection for the hands and also out to the elbows. Especially nice when the temps get down in the 30's and 40's which can be common winter temps here in Sacramento, CA. In warm weather, open up the Hand Wings and direct cooling air onto the torso. I got mine in the dark tint and they look good on the bike.

+1 Vent

not a fan of the look.

also not a fan of that sticker that baggershield puts dead center of their products
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo