Turning iPhone into iPod for onboard music

Thread: Turning iPhone into iPod for onboard music

Turning iPhone into iPod for onboard music

I found out Verizon has a special iPhone upgrade deal going on now. I got a new iPhone 6 Plus for about $60 dollars. Look into the "Edge" program if you talk to them. Anyway I plan on turning my iPhone 5 into an iPod for the bike.

If you are currently using an iPhone to listen to music how does it work for you? I would like to find out before I start buying music.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    I found out Verizon has a special iPhone upgrade deal going on now. I got a new iPhone 6 Plus for about $60 dollars. Look into the "Edge" program if you talk to them. Anyway I plan on turning my iPhone 5 into an iPod for the bike.

If you are currently using an iPhone to listen to music how does it work for you? I would like to find out before I start buying music.
    Buying Music???
    Why do you think God created .MP3 files?
    I have an older iPhone that I use for playing iTunes music, works great, especially if you have an iMac and a few utilities to convert music files.

For $4.50 you have go to Pandora and have WHATEVER you want......( per month )
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

My IPhone5 sounds great. But I usually use my iPod. I have different music on each. Use the phone for pandora and Sirius.

Zues- I use a ipod classic in the saddlebag and I use my phone via Bluetooth to the cubby audio jack. This way I have both ipod favorites and everything else from Pandora or iHeart.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

So how do I install music on the iPhone? Say I have a folder on my computer with about 50 mp3's.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

So how do I install music on the iPhone? Say I have a folder on my computer with about 50 mp3's.

iTunes. Just log into Apple and iTunes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

I have been using my old IPhone (original) for years now. Free IPod when I upgraded. Just delete all apps, photos or anything taking up space on the hard drive. Frost wire is your friend
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Download Itunes and then download all your music. When done on the right hand side of the desktop screen you will see some choices like Songs, Albums, Artists pick one and then put what you are looking for in search.

Now make a folder. top left of screen, file, new, folder, then give the folder a name.
    Now when all your songs come up like for instance Bruce Springsteen once again top left, Edit, select all then move down onto songs that are then highlighted, right click and it will say add to playlist, click on it and choose playlist. Like magic all the songs are now in that folder.
    Or select individual songs by right clicking on them then add to playlist.

A hint, first find a free program that shrinks the Mp3 file size down. I have round 2000 songs on my Iphone 5c