Throttle Lock ???? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Throttle Lock ????

I was looking at the throttlemiester because of it's clean stock like looks.But stiil on the fence to how easy it is to engage and in a panic to shut down.My old Roadstar had a Breakaway throttle lock on it for 6 years and it worked great.Easy to set and had two ways to disengage by button or pull the front brake lever.

No problems engaging or disengaging.

I have the 7/8" on my Deluxe, good fit and function. The 1" is primarily for Harley-Davidsons. On my F800GS is set up with both the go-cruise and Kaoke throttle lock, which is similar to a throttlemiester. Looks aside, I find I choose to use the go-cruise about 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    The least expensive and most simple is the Go Cruise throttle lock:

Attachment 83
    What’s the deal with the foam grips? Are those grip puppies, do they work well with the heated grips, are they trim to fit? I’m interested because I like a fatter grip <------gorilla hands
    Still Wingman after the site crash!

Can't say but mine are in the mail...These were posted here that they did work with heated grips...Check Wing Stuff...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    What’s the deal with the foam grips? Are those grip puppies, do they work well with the heated grips, are they trim to fit? I’m interested because I like a fatter grip <------gorilla hands
    Previously posted concerning soft grip covers:

"Yes, part number TR179222 on Wingstuff. I installed them using hair spray and they adhere well to the heated grips. On the F6B, the heat works well through the grip covers. That was not the case on my '12 GL1800. On that motorcycle, I could hardly feel the heat through the grips covers."

http://wingstuff.com/shop/?keyword=Tr179222
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I, too, got the 1" for my Deluxe, some have orded the 7/8" for the Standard without heated grips.
    Does the 1" version slip at all? I'm considering buying this but wanted to make sure which one is a better fit. Thanks, Jerry!
    Let it be known and let it be written, this is the best bike I've ever owned, and I ain't shittin!

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKBETTY12 View Post
    Does the 1" version slip at all? I'm considering buying this but wanted to make sure which one is a better fit. Thanks, Jerry!
    I have the Deluxe with heated grips. The 1" fit well but I added a small amount of tension by installing a small tiewrap in the hole closest to the grip. It is not that noticable but does the job quite well. I rode this morning on the freeway and used the Go Cruise quite a bit. It justs allows you to control the throttle rather than having the throttle control you when cruising at a sustained speed. Good, economical solution for throttle lock needs.

image.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have the Deluxe with heated grips. The 1" fit well but I added a small amount of tension by installing a small tiewrap in the hole closest to the grip. It is not that noticable but does the job quite well. I rode this morning on the freeway and used the Go Cruise quite a bit. It justs allows you to control the throttle rather than having the throttle control you when cruising at a sustained speed. Good, economical solution for throttle lock needs.

Attachment 279
    Thanks for the response! Ordering mine today.
    Let it be known and let it be written, this is the best bike I've ever owned, and I ain't shittin!

Attachment 279
    Visited a local dealership recently and they had a BD Black on the showroom floor which had heated grips. I made a point of measuring the grips and the diameter is identical to my Basic Red. Info on the Go Cruise site suggest that the 7/8" Go Cruise should be used. I initially though the rubber on the heated grips was larger diameter than the regular unheated. That, in fact, is not the case.