Non-F6B Owners Advice Disclaimer
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Non-F6B Owners Advice Disclaimer

Non-F6B Owners Advice Disclaimer

These type of forums are usually very helpful to exchange information and tips, but it would be nice if those who only have experience with the Standard Goldwing, or the ST 1300, or some other bike would say so.

Giving advice that you don't know "for sure" applies to F6B is not helpful.

I was told by a member, don't remember who since the crash wiped the records out, that the Cobra Tri Oval Pipes fit the F6B and he "loved them", but they were too short and didn't clear the bags.

Now was he lying? In that case you can't prevent liars.
    Or was he posing as a F6B Owner,
    or does he like the droning sound and extra heat from too short pipes?

Whatever the case I'm out $500 for trusting a HondaF6B Forum Member.

I also see many postings like "should fit" or "do this, do that", and not even mentioning that they don't have a F6B, or that they haven't actually tried what they are saying.

Advice is appreciated, and I try to return the favor and post help myself, but just because you own/have owned a Goldwing doesn't mean all of your advice will apply to the F6B. The same for any other bike.

If you are a HondaF6B member it would imply that you have the bike and are trying what you are recommending.

Maybe a disclaimer saying "I don't have a F6B' or "this is just my opinion I've never done it on a F6B" would help.

Billy
    Phoenix,AZ

Quote Originally Posted by billphoenix View Post
    These type of forums are usually very helpful to exchange information and tips, but it would be nice if those who only have experience with the Standard Goldwing, or the ST 1300, or some other bike would say so.

Giving advice that you don't know "for sure" applies to F6B is not helpful.

I was told by a member, don't remember who since the crash wiped the records out, that the Cobra Tri Oval Pipes fit the F6B and he "loved them", but they were too short and didn't clear the bags.

Now was he lying? In that case you can't prevent liars.
    Or was he posing as a F6B Owner,
    or does he like the droning sound and extra heat from too short pipes?

Whatever the case I'm out $500 for trusting a HondaF6B Forum Member.

I also see many postings like "should fit" or "do this, do that", and not even mentioning that they don't have a F6B, or that they haven't actually tried what they are saying.

Advice is appreciated, and I try to return the favor and post help myself, but just because you own/have owned a Goldwing doesn't mean all of your advice will apply to the F6B. The same for any other bike.

If you are a HondaF6B member it would imply that you have the bike and are trying what you are recommending.

Maybe a disclaimer saying "I don't have a F6B' or "this is just my opinion I've never done it on a F6B" would help.

Billy
    Phoenix,AZ
    Bill,

I am the one who posted about having the Cobra Tri Ovals on MY F6B. The post also included a photo of them on MY bike showing that they clearly did not make it past the end of the bags. As far as a drone, I don't notice any drone and went as far as to have a friend ride behind me the other night to listen and he also said he could hear no drone while riding right behind me. As far as extra heat, there is none. A Standard Goldwings pipes do not clear the rear of the saddlebags either so the myth of extra heat is a load of BS. I came back from a 400 km ride the other night and the area above the tri ovals was no warmer than the rest of the bike. They look great "to me" and the sound good " to me". That is exactly what I posted in the thread.
    Don't post looking to blame someone because you bought something and don't like it. I posted the information and remember the thread as clearly as the day I posted.
    Sorry you don't like your pipes but its no ones fault but your own. Sounds like you tried them for a whole day.
    Put them up for sale online and you will surely get most of your money back.
    There are many on here that have bought windshields, throttle locks and other accessories and decided it wasn't for them.
    You are the first to try to blame someone else for it!!!!

Here are the pics of MY EXHAUST, ON MY F6B in MY GARAGE!!!!

Cobra 3.jpgcobra 4.jpg

Beagle

Cool

Just a note to this...IMHO if you let you bike idle for any lengh of time, It has to have heat build up under the saddle bags...just sayin...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Just a note to this...IMHO if you let you bike idle for any lengh of time, It has to have heat build up under the saddle bags...just sayin...
    It doesn't matter what exhaust you have on the bike it will have heat build up if you idle. Traffic light are usually no more than 2 minutes and as stated there have been no more heat issues than with the stock exhaust, so in other words, I have no issues with heat.

I don't know many riders who park and let their bikes just idle.

UPDATE ON ADVICE TO WHAT FITS F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Beagle View Post
    Bill,

I am the one who posted about having the Cobra Tri Ovals on MY F6B. The post also included a photo of them on MY bike showing that they clearly did not make it past the end of the bags. As far as a drone, I don't notice any drone and went as far as to have a friend ride behind me the other night to listen and he also said he could hear no drone while riding right behind me. As far as extra heat, there is none. A Standard Goldwings pipes do not clear the rear of the saddlebags either so the myth of extra heat is a load of BS. I came back from a 400 km ride the other night and the area above the tri ovals was no warmer than the rest of the bike. They look great "to me" and the sound good " to me". That is exactly what I posted in the thread.
    Don't post looking to blame someone because you bought something and don't like it. I posted the information and remember the thread as clearly as the day I posted.
    Sorry you don't like your pipes but its no ones fault but your own. Sounds like you tried them for a whole day.
    Put them up for sale online and you will surely get most of your money back.
    There are many on here that have bought windshields, throttle locks and other accessories and decided it wasn't for them.
    You are the first to try to blame someone else for it!!!!

Here are the pics of MY EXHAUST, ON MY F6B in MY GARAGE!!!!

Attachment 222Attachment 223

Beagle

You're getting me all wrong man (don't know you're real name Beagle). It wasn't just your telling me, it is many posts of other people that haven't even installed what they are talking about on a F6B, and don't really know if their advice etc. is applicable.

I liked the Cobra pipes allot.
    I didn't catch that the Cobra pipes were short in the picture. I wish you had mentioned that, but it isn't your fault.

"Deciding it wasn't for them" isn't the issue so COOL DOWN!

If your preference is to have your pipes end under your bags and you've done that with other bikes - cool, shame on me.
    But if you knew something wasn't right and you said nothing but will live with and like it anyway, then didn't mention this, it would be suspect.

Since you did post pictures you did attempt to show they didn't fit like the OEM ones - I just wished you would have mentioned it, because some of us miss the details - you assumed the experience, and espertise, and assured me you loved them. Still - my fault.
    BTW I always describe my pictures and show arrows to help those who may miss something - you let the pics speak and said nothing - OK, I believe you.

I disagree with you about the heat and the loud whine, drone, of the engine. They are 3" shorter than our OEM pipes which puts the exhaust gases and heat right under the rear of the bags.This part above the pipes has a hollow chamber that echo's all this up into the bike - that's why most bike exhausts go past the bags. BY "past" or "clear" I mean "clears the end of the bag".

I have since noticed on Ebay and retail sites that they are all saying 2013 after market Goldwing pipes will fit the F6B, and they show pictures of the pipes not clearing the bags. That's not a "Fit", so all of us BEWARE.

I honestly doubt if very many, other than you, would like their dual pipes underneath their bags.

I stand by my statement to most who are posting advice,
    If you ain't done it,
    You don't really have a F6B but you did the "advice" to another bike,
    or doesn't fit, you made it fit, or you had some other problem,
    let us know before we throw our money away on an opinion!

No worries Bill. They always say a picture is worth a thousand words. I do understand your point as it may pertain to certain posts.
    I honestly do not have a drone so perhaps you have a bad baffle or something. Even doing a Google search yielded results that most all who have these pipes on a Wing are very satisfied.
    We all have preferences.

All is good here bud.

Len (Beagle)

I wholeheartedly agree with Bill on this subject...I have purchased a lot of stuff for my F6 and had no issues posting if something would not fit, ( Küryakyn electric parts, and Cobra's were to short ) sadly when our server crashed we lost a lot of great information and until all members come back and we move forward things like this will happen...Having said all that ( WE ) should be aware of what we say and how we say it and if it will fit, as others are taking our word for it...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

It looks like this specific problem is working itself out, but in a general sense and in response to the OP...

I have moderated a very large vehicle specific forum for about 12 years and I can say with 100% certainty that while a forum is a good place for information ANYBODY CAN JOIN. Any advice should be verified. Buying things from people who must be good folks because they are on the forum will eventually lead to getting ripped off. Many of us will go to great lengths to preserve our forum reputation, but many don't care about their standing in our virtual community. They can just get another username and continue on.

Some of the best people I've ever met have been on forums, but being on a forum doesn't mean anything as to your expertise or moral code. Everything should be taken with some skepticism.

And it should go without saying that F6Phantom or Steve are in no way responsible for bad tech advise or poor business dealings with forum members.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    It looks like this specific problem is working itself out, but in a general sense and in response to the OP...

I have moderated a very large vehicle specific forum for about 12 years and I can say with 100% certainty that while a forum is a good place for information ANYBODY CAN JOIN. Any advice should be verified. Buying things from people who must be good folks because they are on the forum will eventually lead to getting ripped off. Many of us will go to great lengths to preserve our forum reputation, but many don't care about their standing in our virtual community. They can just get another username and continue on.

Some of the best people I've ever met have been on forums, but being on a forum doesn't mean anything as to your expertise or moral code. Everything should be taken with some skepticism.

And it should go without saying that F6Phantom or Steve are in no way responsible for bad tech advise or poor business dealings with forum members.
    No one mentioned this forum or administrators being responsible for anything, but it doesn't hurt to reiterate "buyer beware".

I think the main problem is that the F6B is a brand new configuration bike and although it is based on a Goldwing, it is not the same in many respects.

For instance the bags are farther back and Goldwing Exhaust won't clear them...as already described.
    I also let readers know of one brand of Headlight Modultor that wouldn't work on our bike, and one that did.

Many other things are different too - so advice is appreciated but like I said - if you haven't tried it on the F6B it may not work.

Once you have tried something and you are sure it works, please let everyone know, and we'll return the favor.

At the end of they day there are things that will work for some and not for others.
    I for one, love my Cobra Tri Ovals. They fit the bike and yes they don't go past the end of the bags but that works for me. They don't work for Bill.
    We are all ultimately responsible to research before buying anything. If we don't do our own due diligence we have to live with the result. I think pictures say a lot but if you don't take the time to look closely, well you just may end up with something different than you had hoped for.