What am I missing?

Thread: What am I missing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Miles, I have to get some saddle time on the stocker before I decide what I'm going to do, but if I do something it will be a Russell and it will get done over winter. As for meeting up? Well I might ride across to the west coast next summer, and if so maybe we can hook up and I'll buy the coffee

Well between running to MO & back, and all this rain, I finally got a LITTLE saddle time in. Here are a few of my initial observations. First off I need to adjust the headlight up a little, just doesn't reach out far enough, or maybe its far enough and they just need spread a little. Either way they'll need some playing with so I don't need to keep hitting the high beam. The handlebars seem to droop just a wee bit too much at the grip. Still too new to decide if I need to adjust them or not (more saddle time will tell). Definitely going to throw on my sheepskin before the next ride, lol.... I'm also going to click up the preload a bit. It definitely isn't the BMW. I didn't suspect it would be, BUT the bike is still fun to ride. I think I'll need a few more miles of really pushing the bikes limits before I feel real confident. Seems planted well enough, I'm just not letting it go yet. Bike is probably capable, I'm just holding some back as I test it. I keep expecting to drag metal parts, but so far it hasn't been an issue.
    The tall Honda windshield is coming right back off and the 11" bagger shield on as soon as it arrives. Passenger floorboard are on their way and the passenger backrest is just awaiting studs to refit it. I'm pretty sure that will be all the changes this summer, but I need to get some highway pegs on. I also need to get a powerlet outlet put in the left access panel and another couple up front. I'm still pondering the likelihood of another Russell build.