Best Grips - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Grips

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Rich View Post
    I installed Kuryakyn ISO grips and now regret it. Had them on my Vulcan and loved them. But on the F6B I get too much vibration. I've added the grip end weights, even added some lead into the small empty space in the grip end weights, but still get numb hands at certain speeds.

I'm thinking about buying and reinstalling the OEM grips with the big grip end weights, but thought I'd first ask the group for recommendations. Any after market grips you truly love that eliminate vibrations?

Thanks in advance, folks!!!
    Vibration in the hand grips on a F6B??..Ridden a few GW's and now my F6B with Kuryakyn grips and never ever experienced any vibration in the grips at any speed!!..I have the larger ones that fit over the stock heated grips and they work great for me...Sure you don't have some other issues in the front causing the bar vibrations...??

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    bob109, Do you have a link to California Sport Touring's website? I have ordered from them in the past(Puppies for my V-Strom) but now when I try to access the site all I get is a page for a motorcycle service location with no link to internet sales. Are they still selling online? Thanks for the help!
    Encountered the same problem trying to access CST website!

Here's another source/vendor! I bought 4 pair GP's and received a discount.

http://www.shop.shinhopples.com/prod...categoryId=103

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Encountered the same problem trying to access CST website!

Here's another source/vendor! I bought 4 pair GP's and received a discount.

http://www.shop.shinhopples.com/prod...categoryId=103
    Thank you Sir!

I added Grip Puppies to my F6B as well. I had them on my BMW also. I have larger hands so I prefer how they make the grip bigger plus they are quite comfortable. Love'em.

I put on foam grips and didn't quite like the feel of them. They were too soft - made me grip too hard.

So, I covered them with a piece of bicycle inner tube. The inner tube is a bi!ch to put on, but the grippy feel is much better.

It also packs the foam and bit for a more solid feel with just some "cush". So, they are softer and thicker than stock and firmer and thinner than just foam.

Also, the heated hand grips work better than with straight foam.
    Albuquerque, NM

I remember someone talking about grip covers that velcro'd on. Anyone know where to find those?

Found it.

http://www.shop.originalbeemerbuddie...-OGB-BE-SS.htm

I just ordered some. I have the Kury grip covers but with winter coming I want to feel the heat better.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Vibration in the hand grips on a F6B??..Ridden a few GW's and now my F6B with Kuryakyn grips and never ever experienced any vibration in the grips at any speed!!..I have the larger ones that fit over the stock heated grips and they work great for me...Sure you don't have some other issues in the front causing the bar vibrations...??
    Ya know, that's a good point. I'm thinking I should get it checked out before I go changing stuff. But, I think it's more from engine vibration than from front end.

Problem Solved

So, I bought stick-on lead weight strips and wrapped them around the Kuryakyn grip end weights. Then, I wrapped it all neatly using black rescue tape (amazing stuff!). Took care of the problem and looks ok too. Voila!

Show Chrome heated with their bar ends

I have a set of Show Chrome heated grips with their heavy chrome bar ends. The larger grip fits my big hands and they add a little bling to the "Bee" (my pearl yellow F6B). With the Show Chrome grips, chrome Cobra Six-2-Six exhaust and the chrome Kuryakyn cubby, the bike looks sharp !! At least to my eye.