Is the F6B a Goldwing? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Is the F6B a Goldwing?

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    The F6C Valkyrie is a Goldwing too, but I don't consider it one even though it technically is per Mother Honda. I guess the my point is that I don't care what Honda says it is. "It is what I say it is".
    It is what I say it is! Amen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    I subscribe to the theory that the universe was created out of chaos and I've never been a big fan of adult communication or rules.
    Personally, I take chaos to mean order and theory to mean fact. Rules are guide lines. Big means husky. Rather than 18, I take adult to mean 17... uh... skip that last one.

I do however still consider the F6B to be a Goldwing along with both generations of Valkyrie and the Rune which no one even talks about and every trike conversion that's ever been and... to be amended as time goes by. Still waiting for the dual sport Goldwing...
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As my buddy I ride with, who has riden Goldwings for years puts it........ Its Wing on steroids......

Quote Originally Posted by vstar09 View Post
    As my buddy I ride with, who has riden Goldwings for years puts it........ Its Wing on steroids......
    I've heard others call it a stripped down Wing. Sometimes less is more though.

I stopped for a burger one day at a local bar that has mostly Harley riders as it's clientele. As I was leaving one of the guys (we were all on the patio) asked me what IS that.
    I replied it's an F6B.
    Next question what is that-who makes it?
    I just said it's a chopped Goldwing. They seemed to understand that and still commented how nice it was...
    I told a kid one day at a redlight(he was with his mother) "I stole Batman's bike..He went for it- eyes got large and exclaimed You DID!!?
    Since he was with his mother I cleaned it up, dont want the young man thinking stealing was a good idea. Still when he remarked that he wanted one,I got a dirty look from his mom.
    My standard answer though is the "chopped Goldwing" line. Yes ,It is a wing, but .....
    I would not buy a full Wing, when Honda built this they were reading my mind. I love this bike !!!
    to each his own

Chopped Goldwing... hmmm... I might have to borrow that phrase

Yesterday, my brother-in-law and I were sitting in a roadhouse out in the boonies having a beer mid-ride. In comes 2 middle aged ladies dressed in full riding gear; leathers, chaps, boots, gloves, etc. We were the only two in the bar, so they came over and one said "who owns that black F6B out front?". I said I was the guilty party. One of the ladies went on about how it was her dream bike and she wanted one in the worst way. They had driven by, not intending to stop, but when she saw my 'B she did an abrupt U-turn and came into the bar. I told her it was ironic that not a half hour earlier when we arrived at the roadhouse and dismounted, I said to my B-I-L "I love my bike". We had just crossed a long elevated river bridge, me doing 150 kph, leaving him and his 600 Shadow way back. I just had to open 'er up. She asked if we could go out and she could sit on it. I said sure. They were both driving Yamaha Silverado 650's loaded with windscreens, bags, racks, highway pegs, etc, etc. We talked about her buying a leftover '13 or '14, how Honda loans were cheap, which dealer might have one, etc. She is a little short for a 'B, but she said she had an upholsterer who could lower the front of the seat to get her the necessary leg length. She is going out today to try and buy the only black '13 left in the province. It also turns out she is a member of this forum. We had never met, but we had exchanged ideas here. Talk about a small world.