Future Classics - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Future Classics

Quote Originally Posted by Injun Joe View Post
    I don't know the bikes. But if you think the one you own might become a classic, I'd keep it if I could.
    VALKYRIE , VALKYRIE , VALKYRIE

Quote Originally Posted by Injun Joe View Post
    I think the Valkyrie can already be considered a classic and also the CB750 Four.
    YES - VALKYRIE - definitely !!!!

Bikes made in limited quantities are worth money and collectible. I have a friend who is now living in Kentucky and he has a large collection of Japanese and American bikes. He has managed to find two GL1000s that have 1974 on the vin tag and a couple of GL1000 prototypes that made there way to the general public. So check the GL1000 carefully before saying no. The 1985 GL1200 Limited this was the first Goldwing with fuel injection and the 1986 GL1200 Aspencade SEi that last fuel injected Goldwing. The 1976 GL1000 Limited the one with the gold wheels. All three of these bikes were built in limited numbers. The Honda PC800 Pacific Coast (looks like a baby Goldwing) a strange little bike. The 1983 CX/GL 650 models, it was the last year for this bike. The Silverwing series (long before the scooter model) came as a 'naked' and an 'Interstate' model. The Interstate can be set up with different touring packages. I have a GL650I with the single seat and small trunk, not a popular set up. You have the Turbo CX 650, a CX Custom and a CX. There are also CX/GL 500 and a Turbo.
    Then you have odd bikes like the Kawasaki Vulcan Drifter (Indian style bike). Suzuki Cavalcade that competed against the Goldwing.. There is a GL1500 Interstate with the radio in the left fairing pocket. Anniversary bikes are normally made in limited numbers, the 2009 GL1800 in light blue was limited to 500 units.
    Not all HDs are collector bikes either 95th and earlier anniversary models were built in limited numbers. The Heritage edition Electra glide in olive/orange is hard to find. There is the Sturgis and Daytona Dyna models, the 'Moo' glide the model with the bovine inspired seat and bags, the 1984 FLHX (the original), the Liberty edition, the Servicar and military bikes especially if you can find the U.S. Navy models.
    Most bikes built today are just like automobiles 'Throw away'. More people will restore and older bike from the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s.
    Goldwings are a bike people hold onto.
    The1983 GL650I a one year only bike.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.

Quote Originally Posted by Trike lady View Post
    Bikes made in limited quantities are worth money and collectible. I have a friend who is now living in Kentucky and he has a large collection of Japanese and American bikes. He has managed to find two GL1000s that have 1974 on the vin tag and a couple of GL1000 prototypes that made there way to the general public. So check the GL1000 carefully before saying no. The 1985 GL1200 Limited this was the first Goldwing with fuel injection and the 1986 GL1200 Aspencade SEi that last fuel injected Goldwing. The 1976 GL1000 Limited the one with the gold wheels. All three of these bikes were built in limited numbers. The Honda PC800 Pacific Coast (looks like a baby Goldwing) a strange little bike. The 1983 CX/GL 650 models, it was the last year for this bike. The Silverwing series (long before the scooter model) came as a 'naked' and an 'Interstate' model. The Interstate can be set up with different touring packages. I have a GL650I with the single seat and small trunk, not a popular set up. You have the Turbo CX 650, a CX Custom and a CX. There are also CX/GL 500 and a Turbo.
    Then you have odd bikes like the Kawasaki Vulcan Drifter (Indian style bike). Suzuki Cavalcade that competed against the Goldwing.. There is a GL1500 Interstate with the radio in the left fairing pocket. Anniversary bikes are normally made in limited numbers, the 2009 GL1800 in light blue was limited to 500 units.
    Not all HDs are collector bikes either 95th and earlier anniversary models were built in limited numbers. The Heritage edition Electra glide in olive/orange is hard to find. There is the Sturgis and Daytona Dyna models, the 'Moo' glide the model with the bovine inspired seat and bags, the 1984 FLHX (the original), the Liberty edition, the Servicar and military bikes especially if you can find the U.S. Navy models.
    Most bikes built today are just like automobiles 'Throw away'. More people will restore and older bike from the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s.
    Goldwings are a bike people hold onto.
    The1983 GL650I a one year only bike.
    Wow, you know your stuff Trike Lady! The thing with those though is finding ones that are still under valued. The last 75 Limited I looked at was beat and the guy still wanted a premium for it. I say the GL1000 isn't really a collector because you can find ones in decent (not pristine) condition pretty frequently. (Similar to the old BMW airheads except for special ones like the toasters.) I want a GL1000 (garden variety) just because I think they are great bikes and would love having one when I run with my vintage friends. (Assuming I couldn't find an old Moto Guzzi Edorado or Ambassador which have blown up recently.)

Funny how many bikes being mentioned here are ones I lusted after at one time or another -- yours being one of them. I peruse for a Helix or a Pacific Coast regularly because I think they'd be great second bikes. The Drifter was one I really really thought about before the current Indians came out. Now I'd just be embarrassed to be seen on one.

I guess I'm almost shifting subjects here on my own thread and revealing something about myself in the process. For me, just recognizing a bike as a future classic (coupled with a great purchase price) probably wouldn't be enough. For me, it would have to be one I really wanted as well which totally screws with that cool, reasoned, detached thing.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm lucky to have some classics and maybe a future one. 1981 CX500C, 1975 CB750, 2006 Vmax and 2013 CB1100. And they are all fun to ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice collection.

What about the Honda Alp... Whatever
    Or the vertical 6?

The rotaries are already collector/classic status, right?

I suppose the Kawasaki triple, two cycles are too right? Definitely not my cup of tea.

I'd love me a BSA Thumper...
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1981 GL500 Silver WIng Interstate was my first street bike at the age of 16.

The 1991 GL1500 SE was also built in a limited quantity the colors are identical to the GL1200 Limited.
    I spent a lot of time learning about vintage bikes from the gentleman who now lives in Kentucky, I worked on a number of the Wings and HDs he owns.
    The GL1000 check for the ones that have 1974 on them. I will be joining when I have the extra $$$ the Japanese Vintage Motorcycle Club to increase my knowledge of Japanese bikes. The Honda Dreams are a nice set if you get all three. The CX500 Police Trident Trike try to find one of those too. Not too many have seen the Indian Dispatch Tow, quite rare and expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinF View Post
    I'm lucky to have some classics and maybe a future one. 1981 CX500C, 1975 CB750, 2006 Vmax and 2013 CB1100. And they are all fun to ride.
    Nice looking bikes, all will appreciate in value.

The CBX1000 in-line 6, the rotary engines and the Hondamatics. The 'Water Buffaloes' those Suzukis were a beast.

Last year I sold my CX500 Turbo bikes. A rare one year bike. I had trouble selling them and they didn't go up in value. But I had a lot of fun owning them.
    The price on the Valkyrie's isn't going up maybe it's too soon. I sold one of my Valk's this summer and I'm tying to sell my other one but no one is calling.