Anyone used a baggershield windshield here ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone used a baggershield windshield here ?

Anyone used a baggershield windshield here ?

Hi. I am in the middle of ordering baggershield 11 to 19". What is ur experience. Does it create low pressure zone and turbulence ?

I'm 5'4" and looking for good protection.

Thanks

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I had a 11/19 Baggershield before I got my Madstad.

Some things you'll just have to try for yourself... What's good for 1 may not work for another,,,

Baggershield has great customer service, and the 11/19 'flexibility' is nice. No regrets on my B-Shield purchase, but I prefer the 'stad to the B shield. Others are happy with their B-shields.

If you currently run the OEM Honda shield, and you want to try / experiment a bit with aftermarket shields w/o breaking the bank, The extra width and 'dual personality' of the 11 / 19 B-shield is a great choice!

I have the 11"/19" on my F6B.
    My comments:
    1) in the 11" position, with only the smoked portion showing, it looks fantastic on my black bike.
    2) I'm 6'1" with a tall torso and I can look over the 11" with about 4" to spare. In the 19" position I don't think I could look over it. I can't stand looking through any windscreen.
    3) Buffeting in the 11" position? None. Wind noise? Some at 60+ mph. I can still listen to the radio at 50 mph.
    4) Quality of construction? Top notch.
    5) Ease of cleaning bug muck off? Very easy with water and a soft sponge, followed by micro fibre drying.
    6) Do I recommend it? Yes.

Yeah. I bee runnin a Baggershield 11/19.

In the short configuration -my usual when solo- I look over the top by about 4". There's just a little wind noise, but I can enjoy the radio at a volume of 13-15 at 80mph.

When my girl is w me and I put the top up, it's like riding in a bubble. But I gotta look through the screen...not my first choice. And in the heat of the desert it would be nice to have some venting through the tall shield.

I bought mine thinking it would give me an opportunity to try a shield that was just a little taller than stock, AND one that I knew would be too tall. I'm ~5'9" tall and pretty happy with this shield.

And, hey... it's only
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

I am 5'9" with a Mustang seat and the adjustable Baggershield..Could'nt be more happy with my set-up..Very little, if any, turbulence and hardly any wind noise at highway speeds..Don't hit the "super slab" much these days so I am good to go with what I have...BTW the shield is set in the top position....Ride safe

I'm 5' 10" and with the top on, the baggershield gives a nice quiet smooth ride. With just the lower dark portion, the wind noise above 40 is pretty extreme (relatively). It's a shame, because it looks great with just the lower part.

At 5' 4", the lower part alone may give you enough coverage. BUT - it is hard to see through that dark shield at times, especially at night. When I pulled into the garage the first time, I realized that I could not see through it.
    Albuquerque, NM

I have the 19" and I love it. I'm 5'5".

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post

At 5' 4", the lower part alone may give you enough coverage. BUT - it is hard to see through that dark shield at times, especially at night. When I pulled into the garage the first time, I realized that I could not see through it.
    Have to agree with trying to see with the dark part at night.

I'm 5'8"ish during the daytime the dark part isn't a problem, however at night I'd like a better view of the road.

It is a quality windshield . I liked it however the installation to the 19" setting was a bit frustrating , not worth it for me . I ended up buying a clear view shield in small dark tint with the recurve and I like it much better . You'll prob go through a few before you find what you like . Good news is you can always sell it on this forum in an flash

Quote Originally Posted by IBREWBEER View Post
    It is a quality windshield . I liked it however the installation to the 19" setting was a bit frustrating , not worth it for me . I ended up buying a clear view shield in small dark tint with the recurve and I like it much better . You'll prob go through a few before you find what you like . Good news is you can always sell it on this forum in an flash
    I just put the lower part on and I like it. It let just some wind in and on a warm day it felt good. (I'm 5'8') Today I put the upper shield on I didn't go for a ride yet. And yes the installation was frustrating I hope I put it on right and I hope it holds. It looks better without the upper shield.
    Also with the upper shield mounted down will it rub??