Rolled Off The Kickstand

Thread: Rolled Off The Kickstand

Rolled Off The Kickstand

Pulled the F6B out of the garage, and stopped next to my truck in the driveway. Got off the F6B to get something from the truck and bam! F6B rolled right off the kickstand and tipped over against the truck. Only slight scratch on the F6B mirror and a scratch on the old truck. Of course it is best to always park the F6 facing uphill, but this was just a quick stop. Did not know the kickstand did not lock in place like my former Harley's.

I had my Harley Heritage roll off the supposedly locking Harley kickstand too. Wet day out and the kickstand apparently never fully engaged. Sadly, I didn't have any crash bars yet so it caused about $500 worth of damage to the mirrors and light bar.

The locking kickstand was new to me when I got my first Harley a few years ago. No other brand I ever owned had it. Sucks you had to learn the hard way.

So you gonna read the owners manual now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    So you gonna read the owners manual now?

"1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Ouch! Glad there wasn't much damage.

I learned the parking on a slope lesson with my 2013 full Wing. Fell over almost in slow motion as it rolled off the stand while idling in my slightly sloped driveway. The full Wing is really heavy to pick up. I have layed the F6B on it's side to change the rear tire and it was much easier to lift.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I never park nose-down

Never having owned a bike with reverse, I have gotten into the habit of never parking with the nose pointed downhill. One side benefit is one also avoids rolling off the side stand. Sometimes old habits are good habits

Steve in OR

When I had Progressive Lowering Monotubes installed, I ended up removing one inch from my kickstand as it was sitting neutral and a slight wind would have blown it over!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com