Windshields - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windshields

wind buffeting F6B

This is my first Wing or cruiser style bike, I came from riding a VFR 800 with riser bars and tall windshield. My VFR did not seem to buffet like this? I have been riding for over 35 years and have had some road racing experience so I am not a beginner.
    I tried the 9 inch Bailey windshield , seemed like I had buffeting still over the stock, so I purchased the 11 in bagger shield ? I still am not happy, It is so bad at 70 mph that my vision seems blurry ( don't laugh ).
    I am 5' 10" , I did not want to go taller to take away the look, I may go back to the stock shield.
    What does everyone else think, I am looking for suggestions.

Cool

Welllllllll the Baggershield 11 and 17 are the same windshield with a minor difference...I am 5'10 as well and the 17 is ok for me...I am thinkin about purchasing a taller shield for the trip to Franklin for the rally and only use it for trips because of keeping the look on the bike !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Try putting your taller shield on and get to speed where you have a problem then carefully squat down to a point where it feels decent and note about how many inches you had to get down for comfy ride and use that number for next w/s. My aftermarket shield is ok not much buffing but with half helmet alittle bit too much wind noise...............I have an old stock Goldwing w/s and I'm thinking of cutting it down using this method.

I'm 5'10" and the CB 13" puts the wind right on top of my open face Bell 500 helmet. I wear glasses and this is perfect. Tried not to go too tall and ruin the bikes looks...

DSC_4931.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I recently installed the Cee Bailey 9 inch absolutely loved the look but hated the way it performs. At highway speed the wind was directly aimed at the bridge of my nose making it impossible to ride anyway other than a full helmet with the shield fully closed. I couldn't even crack the shield that's how bad it was, it came off tonight and I slapped the stock one back on. I ordered last night the 11 inch sport shield which can also be mounted at 12.25 inches. I will mount it at the 12.25 inch level first and try it out, if that doesn't work I have a big delimina....go 15 and in my opinion take away from the look, or bag the whole aftermaket shield all together and tint the stock one.

I installed this afternoon my CEE BAILEYS 11 inch. Dark Grey. I came back from a ride on the highway and I lové it. I'm 5.7 ft and it's perfect for me. Now I can ear my iPod at 70 MPH on volume level 15 without any problem.

wind buffeting F6B

Thanks everyone........... I may try the taller 13" Bailey ?? clear so you do not see it that much ?
    I want to do some loooooong rides and not get beat up !!
    I will wait for more response to hear from more people.

I may try the taller 13" Bailey ?? clear so you do not see it that much ?
    That should work pretty good, that's what I'm running on my bike. I've found that windshields are usually a compromise, none are perfect IMO.

I forgot to mention the Cee Baileys has a slight gap, the windshield curvature does not perfectly conform to the curvature of the fairing. I noticed it when I installed it, but I pretty much ignore it now that its on the bike.

I'm 5'-11" and would definitely like a little taller shield. I like the air flowing but would like to hear the stereo better on the highway. For the mean time I really like the looks of the bike so I decided to get a new helmet. My price point was around $300 so after trying a few I found the Scorpion EXO 500 to be a good option for me. I like full face, flip down shield and it vents well. It's also more quiet than my last helmet so I hear the stereo better. I tried the EXO 900 but didn't like it. Wasn't as comfortable and I didn't get any ventilation at all.

If I were to buy a new windshield today, after hearing what everyone has said, I think I would go with the Baggershield that switches sizes. More wind deflection than stock, still looks nice and if the weather turns bad I could raise it up. Sounds perfect for me.