Gun fire and death in Canada - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gun fire and death in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    The country stats for gun violence speak for themselves do the research before you pull the bullshit card with only an opinion to back you up.
    I believe that's what you did?

Phantom is correct, in jurisdictions where guns are commonplace and some actually legislated crime and gun violence is low, Chicago Philly, and DC where controls are the strictest it's the other way around. Personally, I believe I will continue to carry and be well armed.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom

I also have and continue to travel all around the world. I can tell you that CRIMINALS have access to any weapon they want. Cash talks and bullshit walks .
    The country stats for gun violence speak for themselves do the research before you pull the bullshit card with only an opinion to back you up.
    Don't take my comments out of context to validate your beliefs.

My bullshit comment was in reference to the FACT that criminals can buy any firearm. It was not based on a opinion. The paragraph was self explanatory.

The NUMBERS or facts on gun violence for the cities that i mentioned above are in the top 5 and that is a fact, they also have some of the most strict gun laws on the books and that is a FACT.

Obviously you are not wanting to accept my offer for a one way ticket. I am not surprised.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Using Darren's argument, I propose a complete BAN on Canadian Whiskey, Wine and Beer. This should reduce the amount of drunk driving deaths in the U.S.

Prohibition didn't work, heck Joseph Kennedy made millions on illegally imported scotch.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

"for those who have to fight for it,
    Life will have a flavor the protected will never know"

after 10 years in the US ARMY, I live by the motto "Lock & Load"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

I'm not against all weapons, just against all weapons being freely available to the untrained. Countries with the strictest gun control have lower gun related incidents and having been privileged to have traveled extensively and also lived in countries where guns are restricted and where guns are freely available, I have always felt much safer in the restricted countries.
    The unarmed populaces of Iraq and the likes are nothing more than a "flock of lambs" being slaughtered by the ISIS. Those who rule by the fear of beheading and such have complete control over the unarmed citizenry. Bet things would be much different if all the folks were armed

I'm not against all weapons, just against all weapons being freely available to the untrained.
    You realize that those gun violence 'stats' include all manner of gun-related deaths? That includes but is not limited to, Police shootings (but lets not get derailed on that topic), the senior citizen who shoots an armed intruder in the middle of the night, gang-on-gang violence, an irresponsible adult leaving his firearms out for a child to play with....If it were even possible to break that one lump stat of gun violence out into these categories you might surprised. Data and stats are what you make of them. The situations where a bullet or presence of a firearm stops a crime are not popular with media and you don't hear about them.

And I am trained with my firearms. Plural. A first time gun buyer is untrained until he decides that that piece of hardware could save his life, and decides to learn to use it effectively. A victim of a violent crime stands a better chance of survival if they have a firearm, trained or not! The criminal is going to have a weapon of some sorts one way or another. Again, I'm confident with my weapon. Let the untrained thug, whose only training is holding his handgun sideways to take a selfie, try and invade my home or hurt my family. I'll be damned if any liberal or government legislation is going to take away my advantage.

Now that I've ranted, I'll leave it to Phantom and jkelley who seemed to be representing pretty well.

On a side note....

On a side note, this forum seems to have gotten awfully political of late....I like it. But I blame Steve.

Well said Elroy.

There are those that believe as I do gun control means being able to hit your intended target, Then there are those that believe control is disarming the general population and all will be well.
    Fact is as Phantom said cash talks, and the bad guy can always get armed in one way or another.
    I firmly believe if you are going to own a firearm of any kind and count on it for the protection of you and yours there is a big responsibility that comes along with it, and you should educate yourself in the handling, storage, and maintenance of it. We have a couple of ranges close by that have certified instructors and offer real life classes on street situations, recognizing threats and how to handle those. They are also a lot of fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Don't take my comments out of context to validate your beliefs.

My bullshit comment was in reference to the FACT that criminals can buy any firearm. It was not based on a opinion. The paragraph was self explanatory.

The NUMBERS or facts on gun violence for the cities that i mentioned above are in the top 5 and that is a fact, they also have some of the most strict gun laws on the books and that is a FACT.

Obviously you are not wanting to accept my offer for a one way ticket. I am not surprised.
    Of course the Chicago gangs can buy any gun they want, they buy most of them here in Indiana about 5 miles from my house at the Lake County fairgrounds gun show. Want a fifty cal anti tank rifle? There was one there the last time I went. Want black powder by the kilo no problem. I don't have a problem with gun sales but it would nice if all gun buyers had to go through a background check before buying, at our local gun show that is not always the case.

Quote Originally Posted by jaygollner View Post
    I don't have a problem with gun sales but it would nice if all gun buyers had to go through a background check before buying, at our local gun show that is not always the case.
    WHAT difference does a BACKGROUND check make? Criminals, thugs and druggies PURCHASE guns illegally with CASH, CASH, CASH, CASH, you guys just don't get it.

Background checks are for law abiding citizens, criminals just laugh at the laws, pay a premium for a stolen or ill-gotten fire arm and then kill at will with NO RESPECT FOR A LIFE ... what makes you think they are going to respect a stupid law or fulfill a background check? That there is a funny