Gun fire and death in Canada - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Gun fire and death in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by jaygollner View Post
    Not sure where you are going with the jaygo thing, if it's supposed to be a slur it's more juvenile then anything else....you are boasting about being mr handgun.
    Pretty sure he was just shortening your screen name....perhaps you need to quit reading into stuff so much....

And you say he was boasting, I say he was passionate about his belief and training....

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    OK, I was going to let this sleeping dog lie, but after reading your link I need to respond to this. Taken directly from your link

"The key facts are:

• The US has the highest gun ownership rate in the world - an average of 88 per 100 people. That puts it first in the world for gun ownership - and even the number two country, Yemen, has significantly fewer - 54.8 per 100 people
    • But the US does not have the worst firearm murder rate - that prize belongs to Honduras, El Salvador and Jamaica. In fact, the US is number 28, with a rate of 2.97 per 100,000 people
    • Puerto Rico tops the world's table for firearms murders as a percentage of all homicides - 94.8%. It's followed by Sierra Leone in Africa and Saint Kitts and Nevis in the Caribbean

The full data is below - what can you do with it?"

For having the highest amount of gun ownership in the world by a large margin, a firearm murder rate of 2.97 people per 100,000 is pretty damn good! I don't pretend to know much about Puerto Rico, Africa, and Nevis' gun laws, but I imagine they are not that strict. You argue for stricter gun control and less guns, but if, as you say, more guns = more deaths, shouldn't the US top both categories?!? According to your source the US is 28th in the world for firearm deaths and we have 33 more guns per 100 people than any other nation!!! The fact is, our gun control in the US is sufficient, again 2.97 deaths for every 100,000 people and we have 270 MILLION firearms.

England only has 6.2 firearms per 100 people, and getting a handgun is difficult. Would their firearm deaths increase if it became easier to obtain a gun? Probably. But at a difference of only 2.9 more deaths in the US vs. the UK, I'd prefer to live in a country that recognizes MY OWN INDIVIDUAL RIGHT to arm and protect myself and family.

Take a look at the countries ahead of the US in % of firearm homicides. Italy, Brazil, Switzerland (and the Swiss always seemed so peaceful). As I said in my earlier post, data and stats are what you make of them----as your website said "the full data is below - what can you do with it?"

I'm failing to see how this link has supported your position.....
    Thank you!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Elroy closed this one up nicely, I am with Steve, put it to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    OK, I was going to let this sleeping dog lie, but after reading your link I need to respond to this. Taken directly from your link

"The key facts are:

• The US has the highest gun ownership rate in the world - an average of 88 per 100 people. That puts it first in the world for gun ownership - and even the number two country, Yemen, has significantly fewer - 54.8 per 100 people
    • But the US does not have the worst firearm murder rate - that prize belongs to Honduras, El Salvador and Jamaica. In fact, the US is number 28, with a rate of 2.97 per 100,000 people
    • Puerto Rico tops the world's table for firearms murders as a percentage of all homicides - 94.8%. It's followed by Sierra Leone in Africa and Saint Kitts and Nevis in the Caribbean

The full data is below - what can you do with it?"

For having the highest amount of gun ownership in the world by a large margin, a firearm murder rate of 2.97 people per 100,000 is pretty damn good! I don't pretend to know much about Puerto Rico, Africa, and Nevis' gun laws, but I imagine they are not that strict. You argue for stricter gun control and less guns, but if, as you say, more guns = more deaths, shouldn't the US top both categories?!? According to your source the US is 28th in the world for firearm deaths and we have 33 more guns per 100 people than any other nation!!! The fact is, our gun control in the US is sufficient, again 2.97 deaths for every 100,000 people and we have 270 MILLION firearms.

England only has 6.2 firearms per 100 people, and getting a handgun is difficult. Would their firearm deaths increase if it became easier to obtain a gun? Probably. But at a difference of only 2.9 more deaths in the US vs. the UK, I'd prefer to live in a country that recognizes MY OWN INDIVIDUAL RIGHT to arm and protect myself and family.

Take a look at the countries ahead of the US in % of firearm homicides. Italy, Brazil, Switzerland (and the Swiss always seemed so peaceful). As I said in my earlier post, data and stats are what you make of them----as your website said "the full data is below - what can you do with it?"

I'm failing to see how this link has supported your position.....
    I was just showing the data, I made no comments as to whether they proved or disproved my position, just thought people would be interested in the raw data. Make of it what you will.

gun fire and death in canada

ill keep my guns.......thank you.........