Goldwing seats
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goldwing seats

Goldwing seats

Will a fuller dressed Goldwing seat fit on the F6b? Does anyone have one for sale?

fuller dressed.......meant full dressed

No.......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    No.......
    Hey Steve,

Can you elaborate on this any? It looks like the side panels are similar. I would think that the frames are the same. It looks like they use similar grab rail mounting holes.

Do you know exactly why a goldwing seat will not fit the F6b? Of course the rear is not the same.

TIA
    Albuquerque, NM

Cool

No Sir.... all I know is it will not fit... I have never done a side by side to compare.... just have been told on many occasions they will not go together...one of the reasons we had to wait a year to get a after market seat...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Thanks for the info.

I am interested because I was able to put a Goldwing driver's backrest on my F6 for a recent trip. Because the hand rails are different, it required some longer bolts, spacers and a little gerry-rigging, but the holes lined up perfectly.

Some time, maybe I'll get a chance to try one for myself and give my feedback.

Thanks again.

Attachment 9456
    Albuquerque, NM

Thats interesting...maybe we have been lied to all this time ?????

A GW seat will not fit on F6B. Without even looking under the seat to see what needs to be changed, the first problem would be that the rear deck cover would have to be removed and replaced with ???.
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow

The seat, or should I say seating position, is one of the reasons I chose a F6B. The cheaper price, the styling also played a role, but the regular trunked version of the GoldWing has me sitting in a more bunched up to the tank feeling. I'm perfectly happy with the Corbin seat I put on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    The seat, or should I say seating position, is one of the reasons I chose a F6B. The cheaper price, the styling also played a role, but the regular trunked version of the GoldWing has me sitting in a more bunched up to the tank feeling. I'm perfectly happy with the Corbin seat I put on.
    +1