Goldwing seats
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goldwing seats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I realize that the F6B hand rails would not fit using a goldwing seat. And the two seats differ in the rear.

But, I gotta believe that the frame/mounting holes are the same. That is, the four main mounts - forget the two rear ones. I have mounted a goldwing backrest that uses those four bolts. I use it on long trips.

So it seems that a goldwing seat would set on an F6B frame and bolt on, and leave a gap at the rear. Will it do that? If not, why not?

This is just a curiosity itch that needs scratching at this point. Thanks.
    Albuquerque, NM

I can't imagine why anyone would want to do that. If someone wants a more comfortable seat get an Ultimate and it will fit properly and look great!

WP_20150714_16_35_11_Pro.jpg
    Dave, I resorted to the Russell up grade plus a trike kit. The saddle is a dual which means it is custom made for me and the wife. A photo of both of us and a OEM seat pan had to be sent to Russell guaranteeing a perfect fit the first time. Our weight and leg length were also considered in the construction. This a lengthy process but well worth the time and expense. I also installed a passenger seat back extension, purchased from Steve. The modes kept the expenses manager on my side.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    I can't imagine why anyone would want to do that. If someone wants a more comfortable seat get an Ultimate and it will fit properly and look great!
    That's not the point, Dave.

I already have a Mustang seat. When I was first shopping for seats, there were some interesting goldwing aftermarket seats for sale. Some of the aftermarket seats are pretty nice. Mustangs and Ultimates were not available.

Since I use a trunk in the winter, maybe a goldwing seat would have worked for winter (minus the handrails)? Don't know.

Anyway, the question at this point is not, "why would you do it?". It is, "will it physically/mechanically fit?". I would still be interested in knowing, just for kicks. Maybe someone else would like to know, too.
    Albuquerque, NM

Perhaps a better question would be, are you willing to pay for the seat, labor and the parts to modify the F6B to accept it?

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Perhaps a better question would be, are you willing to pay for the seat, labor and the parts to modify the F6B to accept it?
    No, my question remains the same. Does the seat physically fit?

If you don't know the answer or don't want to know the answer, fine. I am kinda getting tired of opinions that have nothing to do with the original question.

I already have a seat. I have wondered about this for a couple of years and would still like to know. That's that, Jack!
    Albuquerque, NM

98valk I will take a pic of the stock seat on the F6 the next time I remove the seat
    I have two Goldwing seats one stock and a Utimate I will put one of them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow rex View Post
    98valk I will take a pic of the stock seat on the F6 the next time I remove the seat
    I have two Goldwing seats one stock and a Utimate I will put one of them for you.
    Thanks Rex,
    I would like to see if the seat actually fits on the F6 frame. Take your time; I'm not going anywhere.
    Edit: That's a 2012 or up GW?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Your not alone 98Valk,,,
    I know I will keep watching for a real answer. I also want to know just for my own useless information.
    Thanks. Glad that I'm not alone on this. Thought I was going to get an earful!

On a side note but related:
    I had thought of cutting my stock seat into two parts. The very rear of the seat that goes under the backrest and luggage rack would be one piece and the front the other. This way, maybe the seat could be removed without removing the backrest or luggage rack. The rear of the seat could be bolted down with those two extra bolt spots.

I know, it's only four bolts. But with both the backrest and the luggage rack, it's a sloppy mess of hardware when loose. Not to mention if it was loaded up on a trip. So, the idea of a GW seat fitting but not covering the very rear area is still interesting.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post

If you don't know the answer or don't want to know the answer, fine. I am kinda getting tired of opinions that have nothing to do with the original question.

I already have a seat. I have wondered about this for a couple of years and would still like to know. That's that, Jack!

Your not alone 98Valk,,,
    I know I will keep watching for a real answer. I also want to know just for my own useless information.

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post

That has always bothered me also. When I ask a question, answer it and thats it. If I happen to ask for an opinion, than that changes the response and all responses are welcome .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994