Goldwing seats - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goldwing seats

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    The seat, or should I say seating position, is one of the reasons I chose a F6B. The cheaper price, the styling also played a role, but the regular trunked version of the GoldWing has me sitting in a more bunched up to the tank feeling. I'm perfectly happy with the Corbin seat I put on.
    +2

The riding position on my 2012 GL1800 with the MBL kit was the main reason I traded it. The F6B is much better.
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow

The f6b seat is about 3 inches wider than the gw one the bikes have the same frame but the seat pans are different and have different spacers so they work with the handles properly

I asked my Honda Sales manager about this a cpl months back, he said because the way the seat tapers and the side bag release handles wouldnt line up and work.

Hadnt done the side by side, just taking his word since he has upgraded a cpl of seats on the floor model F6B's

No it will not work! The seat pans are totally I own two Goldwing and a F6b the pan on the B tapers at the rear and has more
    bolts to hold it on. Have you ever had the seat of your F6 if so did you look at the bottom of the set pan?

I will post a pic of a Goldwing seat pan in a few days when I go out to the garage if you like.

I realize that the F6B hand rails would not fit using a goldwing seat. And the two seats differ in the rear.

But, I gotta believe that the frame/mounting holes are the same. That is, the four main mounts - forget the two rear ones. I have mounted a goldwing backrest that uses those four bolts. I use it on long trips.

So it seems that a goldwing seat would set on an F6B frame and bolt on, and leave a gap at the rear. Will it do that? If not, why not?

This is just a curiosity itch that needs scratching at this point. Thanks.
    Albuquerque, NM

I can't imagine why anyone would want to do that. If someone wants a more comfortable seat get an Ultimate and it will fit properly and look great!

WP_20150714_16_35_11_Pro.jpg
    Dave, I resorted to the Russell up grade plus a trike kit. The saddle is a dual which means it is custom made for me and the wife. A photo of both of us and a OEM seat pan had to be sent to Russell guaranteeing a perfect fit the first time. Our weight and leg length were also considered in the construction. This a lengthy process but well worth the time and expense. I also installed a passenger seat back extension, purchased from Steve. The modes kept the expenses manager on my side.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    I can't imagine why anyone would want to do that. If someone wants a more comfortable seat get an Ultimate and it will fit properly and look great!
    That's not the point, Dave.

I already have a Mustang seat. When I was first shopping for seats, there were some interesting goldwing aftermarket seats for sale. Some of the aftermarket seats are pretty nice. Mustangs and Ultimates were not available.

Since I use a trunk in the winter, maybe a goldwing seat would have worked for winter (minus the handrails)? Don't know.

Anyway, the question at this point is not, "why would you do it?". It is, "will it physically/mechanically fit?". I would still be interested in knowing, just for kicks. Maybe someone else would like to know, too.
    Albuquerque, NM

Perhaps a better question would be, are you willing to pay for the seat, labor and the parts to modify the F6B to accept it?

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Perhaps a better question would be, are you willing to pay for the seat, labor and the parts to modify the F6B to accept it?
    No, my question remains the same. Does the seat physically fit?

If you don't know the answer or don't want to know the answer, fine. I am kinda getting tired of opinions that have nothing to do with the original question.

I already have a seat. I have wondered about this for a couple of years and would still like to know. That's that, Jack!
    Albuquerque, NM