Goldwing seats - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goldwing seats

98valk I will take a pic of the stock seat on the F6 the next time I remove the seat
    I have two Goldwing seats one stock and a Utimate I will put one of them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    No, my question remains the same. Does the seat physically fit?

If you don't know the answer or don't want to know the answer, fine. I am kinda getting tired of opinions that have nothing to do with the original question.

I already have a seat. I have wondered about this for a couple of years and would still like to know. That's that, Jack!

Your not alone 98Valk,,,
    I know I will keep watching for a real answer. I also want to know just for my own useless information.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow rex View Post
    98valk I will take a pic of the stock seat on the F6 the next time I remove the seat
    I have two Goldwing seats one stock and a Utimate I will put one of them for you.
    Thanks Rex,
    I would like to see if the seat actually fits on the F6 frame. Take your time; I'm not going anywhere.
    Edit: That's a 2012 or up GW?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Your not alone 98Valk,,,
    I know I will keep watching for a real answer. I also want to know just for my own useless information.
    Thanks. Glad that I'm not alone on this. Thought I was going to get an earful!

On a side note but related:
    I had thought of cutting my stock seat into two parts. The very rear of the seat that goes under the backrest and luggage rack would be one piece and the front the other. This way, maybe the seat could be removed without removing the backrest or luggage rack. The rear of the seat could be bolted down with those two extra bolt spots.

I know, it's only four bolts. But with both the backrest and the luggage rack, it's a sloppy mess of hardware when loose. Not to mention if it was loaded up on a trip. So, the idea of a GW seat fitting but not covering the very rear area is still interesting.
    Albuquerque, NM

My thought is.. The Wing seat pan should just need to be cut in order to clear the rear deck cover. Cutting the pan and resculpting the rear section and then recovering MAY be all that is needed.

Just a wild thought.

Third major change after exhaust and windshield. Seat and windshield were major selling points, however replacement definitely made riding 100% better. Mustang Tripper Fastback Deluxe (Tuck & Roll Center).

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    No, my question remains the same. Does the seat physically fit?

If you don't know the answer or don't want to know the answer, fine. I am kinda getting tired of opinions that have nothing to do with the original question.

I already have a seat. I have wondered about this for a couple of years and would still like to know. That's that, Jack!
    That has always bothered me also. When I ask a question, answer it and thats it. If I happen to ask for an opinion, than that changes the response and all responses are welcome .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

I'm picking up a friends Wing seat tonight and will pull my seat off and see if the Wing seat fits. I'll try to get pictures of them both for anyone else that just wants to know if... the Wing seat will work.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    I'm picking up a friends Wing seat tonight and will pull my seat off and see if the Wing seat fits. I'll try to get pictures of them both for anyone else that just wants to know if... the Wing seat will work.
    My latest realization is that the rear deck may have to be modified for a wing seat to fit. It just seems that the holes should line up, otherwise. Let us know!
    Albuquerque, NM

FYI for those interested. Wing vs F6B seat

Turns out the seat I picked up was an Ultimate off an 08 Wing not a stock seat off a new Wing. You will see a gap along the bottom of the seat, that is because I didn't get a picture while the bolts were in. In the picture the seat was just sitting in place..

The Wing seat will sit in place and bolt up BUT as we figured, BUT the rear of the seat pan will need to be cut and narrowed to access the F6B saddlebag latches also need to be made a bit longer to cover the area where the Wings Trunk would be.

All in all the Wing seat can be used but will take some major changes to the seat pan, foam and cover all at the rear of the seat. Mainly due to the saddlebag latches.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! That's what we wanted to know.

It actually fit better than I thought it might. But, that is a pretty big gap to fill somehow ... Hmmmm .....
    Albuquerque, NM