Another new light idea need input
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another new light idea need input

Another new light idea need input

These are a high output LED strip I have been toying with they are lots brighter than the picture its hard to capture, welcome any feedback

Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Pete, let me be the first to say...YES ! They look good. Is there any functional reason to keep those vents open for anything, or is it fine to block the very small amount of air that would have gotten through ?

Are the lights going to be available in different colors ? We know that Red and Blue are out of the equation, due to legal reasons, but what about other colors ? Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Pete, let me be the first to say...YES ! They look good. Is there any functional reason to keep those vents open for anything, or is it fine to block the very small amount of air that would have gotten through ?

Are the lights going to be available in different colors ? We know that Red and Blue are out of the equation, due to legal reasons, but what about other colors ? Just asking.
    The vents seem to be just for looks I really cant see what they would do there is a triangle flap inside blocking them like on the earlier bikes maybe they relieve some air pressure on the screen, I think I could get amber but not sire on others

Pete
    BikeMP3

William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro66 View Post
    The vents seem to be just for looks I really cant see what they would do there is a triangle flap inside blocking them like on the earlier bikes maybe they relieve some air pressure on the screen, I think I could get amber but not sire on others

Having had the front of the fairing apart a couple of time to swap out windshields, I have to agree with you on the lack of need for those vents.

And, I do thing Amber lights would go very well with our Amber turnsignals. The Amber lighting makes it stand out as different than the headlights, and makes them easier to see.

If available in Amber...I will take a set !

I like it, would buy them. Price?

Also, may I suggest similar lights in vertical vents on side fairings facing front? I know Kuryakyn is coming out with some for them, but I don't like them as they are overdone with chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by goldtahoe View Post
    Already ahead of ya pimp ...
    Yes I can see why you say that but there is pretty much nowhere we have not installed lights on a wing at some point I think you have used normal LED strips we used to do them the way when the 2012 first came out but these new ones are high intensity daytime running light bars that are highly visible even in daylight.
    Pete
    BikeMP3

William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    I like it, would buy them. Price?

Also, may I suggest similar lights in vertical vents on side fairings facing front? I know Kuryakyn is coming out with some for them, but I don't like them as they are overdone with chrome.
    That was my original idea we already had a bar that we fitted in that slot but had to trim some of the inner panel to fit these new stops we supposed to fit a little better but to get the intensity right they need to be a little thicker than we had hoped so you would need to trim the panel.

Strips are $69 with plug and play connectors.
    Pete
    BikeMP3

William Blake

A yo .. when you guys light up the red honda symbol on sides ... let me know ... I know someone has that idea besides me ...

Yes Yes Yes I would buy for sure.