Windshields - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windshields

I installed the 11" bagger sport

Last friday I installed the Bagger 11" sport shield Dark tinted.

On the left is the stock shield. In the middle is the shield set at 11", on the right is the shield set at 12 3/4inches.
    20130705_120627.jpg 20130705_123234.jpg 20130705_191902.jpg

If you look at the shield fairing interface on the outside edges you can see the differences.

I'm 5'10" and with the shield set to 11 the wind would hit me in the face, at 12 3/4" the wind just catches the top of my helmet. It is not enough to bother my arthritic neck.

I do notice that since I'm not getting hit in the torso with wind like the stock shield, I'm much warmer , but also I didn't realize how much force was constantly hitting me. Just looking over my shoulder before changing lanes, there was a noticable push on my helmet and torso.

I thought the larger shield would take away some of the look that attracted me to this bike in the first place, so I kept the dark tint to try to offset things a little bit.

The final result was a much more relaxed ride although a bit warmer. I don't want the look of a vent. I'm hoping that when my Rivco pegs come in and my legs are outside the fairing, more air will find it's way to me. The radio or mp3 player is much more audible. And my sweetheart notices a lot less wind sitting behind me.

windshield

I didn't like the look of the vent neither,but I find myself opening it all the time.

And another option. I might go for this.

http://laminarlip.com/gl.php

image.jpg

OK....Bobby.....what does that shield do.....looks kinda like a Wind Vest at the top...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    And another option. I might go for this.

http://laminarlip.com/gl.php

Attachment 1080
    I had one of those on my BMW K1200R.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Well if anyone is interested in a Honda Tall WS with vent (was on bike for approx. 100 miles) send me an email and we'll work out a price.
    Please put windshield in the title so I don't delete it
    tbeck99@msn.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    OK....Bobby.....what does that shield do.....looks kinda like a Wind Vest at the top...
    It's a shield that adds on to your existing shield. It's supposed to smooth out buffeting and flip the air up higher. It's a great idea and a lot of adventure and sport bikes use them. My only reservation is how well the sticky stuff will hold up to the extreme AZ heat. The stickies are industrial strength adhesive with heavy duty velcro so the shield can be removed at will.

"The Laminar LIP is designed to quiet wind buffeting and reduce wind pressure while raising the wind comfort envelope."

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    I have a PROTOTYPE in the making as we speak, It is a " KIT " of 3 pieces that attach to the top of a short windshield and deflects the air upwardly.

The Kit of 3 will have a 2" a 3.5" and a 5" flip (one for in-town riding, one for spirited backroads and one for the interstate if you chose to swap them out quickly) ..... Manufacturer is dragging their feet

Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    I had one of those on my BMW K1200R.
    What did you think? Do you think it would work as good on the F6B?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    What did you think? Do you think it would work as good on the F6B?
    Starting with the short stock windshield the Laminar Lip will likely move the wind blast higher up on your body and may even introduce new and undesired turbulence rather than curing the problem. I believe a taller windshield is a better answer, and not that much more money. Or you could TOFTT, buy the Laminar Lip and let us know how it works!