Poll on Previous rides - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll on Previous rides

I love all motorcycles and wouldn't consider a Harley inferior to a Honda, just different. One is old school 1940s technology and the other is 80s technology. Neither is exactly ahead of its time. Both have their advantages and disadvantages and are fun to ride. The Harley wins in the looks and sound department and the Honda wins in speed and handling. Comfort wise, it's really dependent on the individual rider. Enjoy the ride and don't spend too much time worrying about why someone else rides a bike that's different than yours.

good thinking

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyF6B View Post
    I just read the poll on previous rides.
    Lots of guys have switched from a HD to the Honda. Out of the 34 bikes that I have owned, Ive never owned a HD. I have lots of friends that ride them & I have ridden enough. Just never could pull the trigger & spend that amount of money on a inferior MC. The same could be said about Ducati Im sure. Ive owned 7 of them.
    Not really looking to but. Am I one of the only ones that thinks this way? HD owners or previous owners please pipe in.
    i counted back through the years, & have owned 21 motorcycles. 1st one[after the mini bike phase] was a '71 honda cb 100 ! growing up riding the big 4 brands for the most part, i never thought about major work to keep one running. then, the harley phase. more work, more maintenance, more leaks, less power, inferior suspension, etc. but i admit, i wanted to ride a harley like many others, you know, the cool factor. i learned a lot by doing my own work, and still do a little harley service work on friends/ family harleys. i mention the cb 100 because i have come full circle. i tell people i was a slow learner to put up with the harley headaches as long as i did. but its all been a blast, riding all the brands ! the best is yet to come on the f6!

Xknight. I would say different & inferior.
    Now, I think U have hit the nail on the head. Most HDs sound & look great.

there has always been this discussion.
    The way I got my F6B was the guy that sold it to me had taken his Harley ,traded it on the F6. Put some nice extras on the F6,then decided he wanted his Harley back. I bought my bike at a major discount,he got his Harley. Both of us are happy.
    Hell,I'm ecstatic !! I don't follow my man's logic but I'm cool with it.
    Personally I dont care what you ride. If you like it thats the one for you.
    What gets me is the way HD ownwers act ! Not all but some.
    No matter to me though,I have a CBR1000f and my F6B love'em both- I'm a happy unit !

shooter
    I've been riding for 45 yrs and have never owned a HD. Never even looked at one. Its been Hondas , Suzuki's , and One Kawasaki. I think the thing that always kept me from being interested in a Harley is performance. I like knowing I'm riding one of the fastest things out there in its class. You will never get that from Harley Davidson.

last bike before f6b

I came from this to the f6b