Plugging in flash drive for music
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plugging in flash drive for music

Plugging in flash drive for music

This may to be a silly question but I use a Flash Drive plugged into the USB port in the left bag and wonder if there is any harm in just leaving it plugged in after I park the Bike. Not having much knowledge on the subject I thought I would ask?

No issues...mine has been plugged in for months and is only removed to update music!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    /\ /\ /\ Yep. Plug it in and forget about it, till ya 'need more'.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    This may to be a silly question but I use a Flash Drive plugged into the USB port in the left bag and wonder if there is any harm in just leaving it plugged in after I park the Bike. Not having much knowledge on the subject I thought I would ask?
    Wait a minute! You can plug in JUST a flash drive and have that work?! I thought it had to be an iPhone, iPod or some other music playing device. How cool is that!

2kewlgypsy
    After about 200 songs, you need folders, either by musician, or genre or whatever you'd like.
    Radio Shack had a sale on jumpdrives - I bought a 32 Gig - have about 10,000 songs on it and still have room! I usually set it to "all random" and if I dont like a song that comes on just hit the channel up for the next song. I try not to play with the mode button much while on the road, too distracting.
    2~kewl

Quote Originally Posted by 2kewlgypsy View Post
    After about 200 songs, you need folders, either by musician, or genre or whatever you'd like.
    Radio Shack had a sale on jumpdrives - I bought a 32 Gig - have about 10,000 songs on it and still have room! I usually set it to "all random" and if I dont like a song that comes on just hit the channel up for the next song. I try not to play with the mode button much while on the road, too distracting.
    2~kewl
    So "random" goes into folders then I take it? Will it read and follow playlists?

A good one for this application maybe?

Just ran across this article on flash drives. Though I don't think usb 3.0 brings any extra value to this application, The Verbatim really caught my eye for it's ruggedness and form factor.

http://inspirationfeed.com/shop-2/to...-flash-drives/

2kewlgypsy
    A.rdm plays all files in random order
    F.rdm plays all files in the folder you are in, in random order
    I don't know much about playlists, as I usually just put on random all.
    max songs is actually 255 (I put 200 above, but have the manual out, and it says 255)

Well, here's a question....I want to plug my iPod into that plug but the receptacle end is different than the one on my iPod so what do I do?

I love being able to play music through a USB flash drive. I purchased the Sandisk Cruzer Fit USB drive http://www.sandisk.com/products/usb/drives/cruzer-fit/ from Costco (in a 2/pack) which is so small you don't even notice it plugged in. To keep the USB cord from dangling, I applied Velcro to the top of the usb port and stuck it on the ceiling of the saddlebag. Works great!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]