How low will they go? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How low will they go?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastergunny View Post
    Boy did I get screwed at Fred Cummings Motorsports in Bakersfield Ca.

I paid a difference of 11,000 plus my 2010 Stratoliner. I figure I could have gotten anywhere from 8 to 10k for my Strat. So I really paid 19 to 20k for the F6B.

I obviously did not shop enough, and it is always better to sell the bike you currently have, outright, vice trade.

Don't feel bad, you are not alone. I paid 19k for my deluxe, but that was in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Don't feel bad, you are not alone. I paid 19k for my deluxe, but that was in 2013.
    But you got to enjoy your bike for 2 years. When they first came out there were no great deals on them like now.

Quote Originally Posted by DJL951 View Post
    I got my '13 DELUXE for $13,999 from Bartlesville Cycle Sports in Bartlesville, OK.
    Got mine from the same dealership.

If you haven't checked your tires air pressure, better do it. Mine were <20psi at delivery.
    Also, don't buy a service manual from them. They'll sell you one for a GL1800A, and insist it's the correct one.
    '88 FLST
    '95 Ducati 916
    '04 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans
    '06 FLHX
    '09 Buell 1125R
    '13 F6B
    '17 BMW R Nine T Racer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

All of us that bought new in 13 when they first came out paid a lot more the the left over 13 deals now.But to be honest even though it kind of pisses me off how low they have gone I do not regret for a minute getting my F6B at the price I paid.I plan on riding this one for many miles and years as I know this bike can outlast me.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    All of us that bought new in 13 when they first came out paid a lot more the the left over 13 deals now.But to be honest even though it kind of pisses me off how low they have gone I do not regret for a minute getting my F6B at the price I paid.I plan on riding this one for many miles and years as I know this bike can outlast me.
    I also paid a little high for mine in Sept of 2013, but got a really good deal on my trade..Had it custom painted, Cobra pipes, Mustang seat and other goodies and love the thing...As I have said before, if your happy with your bike and your dealer and felt your deal was fine, who gives a "rats ass" what others paid or who supposedly got a better deal!!..Someone, somewhere, always gets a "better deal"...I wonder??

I know that a financial analyst would have my head for this but I didn't really care what the bottom line was when I bought it, only that the numbers worked for my budget. I wanted the F6B something fierce, I owed more on my trade than it was worth (because I only owned it for 6 months and had financed it), and as long as I was going to make a bike payment I wanted to make it on the bike I really wanted. That being said, my finance guy did really well by me, and when all was said and done I basically paid 19.5k for the F6B, and it was like my original bike loan never happened.

Would I have rather paid the $15k OTD that I could get it for now? Sure, but I am not losing any sleep over it and I have loved every single one of the 19k miles I have put on it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    I know that a financial analyst would have my head for this but I didn't really care what the bottom line was when I bought it, only that the numbers worked for my budget. I wanted the F6B something fierce, I owed more on my trade than it was worth (because I only owned it for 6 months and had financed it), and as long as I was going to make a bike payment I wanted to make it on the bike I really wanted. That being said, my finance guy did really well by me, and when all was said and done I basically paid 19.5k for the F6B, and it was like my original bike loan never happened.

Would I have rather paid the $15k OTD that I could get it for now? Sure, but I am not losing any sleep over it and I have loved every single one of the 19k miles I have put on it so far.
    You are dead on my friend!!...As long as the buyer is a happy camper, and as I said earlier, who gives a "rats ass" what deals others, did or did not, get on the F6B....

Are those $15,000 dollar 13s coming with the 1.9 % interest loans and $1000 worth of parts, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ridlikhel View Post
    Are those $15,000 dollar 13s coming with the 1.9 % interest loans and $1000 worth of parts, too?
    Most likely, with the 15's coming out Mother Honda and the dealers aren't going to want 13's sitting around. If CC and black pipes aren't a big deal then the 13's are a great option for someone who doesn't already own one.

Watching with interest.