Women Riders
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Women Riders

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar

Women Riders

OK, I realize I'm in the minority on this site... I could be surprised to find another female with the F6B under them and the throttle in her hand, know-what-I'm-sayin'? It does feel weird but I share your passion for this ride.

So, what's your opinion about women who ride, own, maintain and love their rides as much as you guys do?
    Put off?
    Welcoming?
    Strange?
    Something else?

How would you feel if your wife/significant other wanted to learn and have her own ride?

Just so you know, all of these women own and ride their own motorcycles, and some ride Gold Wings. I'm the only one (right now) who has an F6B.

Attachment 3344

And several of these women have the coveted "Iron Butt" award, several have over 100,000 miles, some even have over 200,000 on their motorcycles. We're out here, and my question is, how do you feel about that?
    "If it moves, paint it."

I Think it's great ,women are perfectly capable of riding maintaining and being part of the motorcycle world. My wife has her MC endorcement and had a bike for a while , due to some problems with her tail bone she gave up her bike, She will have another . Welcome to the forum and congrats on your excellent choice in your new ride, I notice you bought the faster color.

Can't see why acceptance would be an issue except for some hardcore misogynists. I ride regularly with four women who fit right in. It's no big deal to the guys. And the women don't make a big deal out of it either. Two are married to guys who ride. Two are single. I doubt there are many riding circles where gender would be an issue at all, certainly not here on the forum. I think that the ladies here on the forum will vouch for that.

Welcome to the world of Goldwings.
    I not only ride Goldwing trikes, I also build them. I am the first lady trike builder and a member of the International Master Bike Builders Association.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.

Why the He...// not??

Women do most everything else and IMO, better than most men. And I don't mean that as a slam or condesendingly either.

My wife is perfectly capable but prefers to ride with me, otherwise she'd own one.

J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

You've got to be confident to be a motorcyclist and there is nothing more intriguing then a self-confident woman.

Belong to a riding club out of the Twin Cities, Have a number a lady riders, once again, no big deal as long as you can ride.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Mrs. Scotrod rides her own F6B.

She started out as a passenger on my VTX a few years ago. I encouraged her to get her own bike. (She kept falling asleep and head-butting me with her helmet!!!)

Her co-workers think it's cool she rides. Haven't met anyone yet who thinks otherwise.

She's not mechanically gifted,,, I do all the wrenching, but she try's her best to help when she can, when needed.

Riding is something we both can do together,,, To me, it's more of a 'connection' if your Lady rides her own,,,

The only factor in purchasing a cycle is being able to afford the ride. I congratulate you on your choice of rides enjoy many hours on it.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    The only factor in purchasing a cycle is being able to afford the ride. I congratulate you on your choice of rides enjoy many hours on it.
    I have ridden with women who could outride a lot of the guys, and have made many many cross country trips with them. I have taught the MSF course with women instructors, gender is a non issue. Welcome aboard! I have a feeling that many of your friends will be showing up here after they get a chance to experience your bike.