Fork Brace? - Page 4
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Fork Brace?

Supporting Vendor

Chance at a free SuperBrace

Hey guys, seems there are plenty of skeptics in this thread. If you're one of them, we welcome you to enter our contest for a free brace, the odds are 100% at this point, so why not..? If you win, you can try it out for free; we'd love it if you posted the results.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4...-Poker-Contest

I've contemplated a fork brace, but it is not on my priority list of add ons. I recently forked( no pun intended) over the money to buy the Heli Bars. I can say this, that besides the comfort gained, my handle bars feel taught and firm as they should be. I recently got to give them a thorough work out on a trip through NC and the mountains. After some high spirited twisty riding, I am very pleased. I don't know if the fork brace would add any appreciable difference now or not. I do like riding pretty aggressive.

I don't have enough seat time on the FB6. Seems stable from the couple hundred km Ive ridden.
    If a $200 brace can save me from a potential crash, Im in.
    & yes, Im sure Honda test rode this bike 1000s of miles before putting it on the market. So in theory, they are good, right

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    I decided to order the new version of the Kuryakyn fork brace in the black finish. Found it for around $150 delivered which is the best price I could find for any fork brace. I decided to heed Traxxion's warning and not buy a two piece brace while also not buying their version.
    Where id you find this good price at if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I've contemplated a fork brace, but it is not on my priority list of add ons. I recently forked( no pun intended) over the money to buy the Heli Bars. I can say this, that besides the comfort gained, my handle bars feel taught and firm as they should be. I recently got to give them a thorough work out on a trip through NC and the mountains. After some high spirited twisty riding, I am very pleased. I don't know if the fork brace would add any appreciable difference now or not. I do like riding pretty aggressive.
    I'm with ya on the heli-bars! I put a Kury fork brace on at the same time as I did the heli-bar install so I can't say how much is the bars and how much is the brace but with both the improvement in handling is substantial. Different bike, really.

It's a Sportwing!
    (heard that on another thread and have decided to use it)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Before the breathing air is gone, before the sun is just a bright star in the night sky.

Did not purchase a brace yet. Haven't noticed the need for one, find the bike very stable at speed. Chased down a fast kid on a 750 cc crotch rocket yesterday on high speed romp on a very twisty road well known Westchester County road, on his tail the whole time and went around him on the outside at one point. But I'm a very experienced sport bike rider and ride the F6b the same way I ride my ZX12R. Very, very Impressed with the handling of the F6b, UNBELIEVEABLE is a better word for a bike as big and heavy as it is. Only thing lacking, for me anyway, is not enough power and not having a sixth gear. The kid was amazed that I was riding a Goldwing, his words not mine, LOL. Told him had I been on my 12R I would have been around him and gone three miles back LOL. Love the F6b yesterday was first time I really pushed it to the limit since I got it two weeks ago. Great bike, a true sport tourer ! Glad my wife wasn't on the back, she freaks if I go Over 60mph.

Quote Originally Posted by pvmarcon View Post

Only thing lacking, for me anyway, is not enough power

Contact George Parker ( gl1800turbotech@shaw.ca )... $9,000 for a Garrett T-28 single turbo kit installed. I think he'll need your bike at his shop for the work.

I can't say what tuning he's doing or not doing... but with Guhl actively working on a true reflash of fuel and timing, I think it's just a matter of time before someone has a real barnstorming Goldwing.

So I'm now wondering (hoping) that a fork brace will help control my high speed wobbles. If I don't win one I'm going to buy one and see.

Sorry to hijack... regarding the turbo, I'm not too impressed with the demonstration videos that I've seen so far... but at this point I really couldn't say if all it needs is better tuning or if the piping is just not optimized. Turbos are quite finicky about their piping; it's got to be done *just* right to get the most out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrace View Post
    Hey guys, seems there are plenty of skeptics in this thread. If you're one of them, we welcome you to enter our contest for a free brace, the odds are 100% at this point, so why not..? If you win, you can try it out for free; we'd love it if you posted the results.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4...-Poker-Contest
    I think it's down to 25% now.

Nobody else post their odo so the odds will stay high for those of us who have