not really happy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: not really happy

not really happy

I bought my new f6b last weekend. Today is really the first day I had much time to tinker. So I went to the garage and added a 12v socket in the cubby. Got some radio stations programmed and decided to check the air in the tires as that is one of my OCD things. Low and behold on the back wheel/tire the valve stem faces the low side of the bike needless to say I'm not really happy about that.
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

You know the answer to that; a centre stand.

You found it...the ONE bad thing about the bike...Chive on ....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I read somewhere, here on the board, that the reason Honda's engineer types have it facing the lower side is because the rear brake disc and rear drive stuff is on the other side and it is easier to get a tire gauge on the opposite side??...I sometimes struggle with it, but generally put the bike on center stand and no issues....

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I read somewhere, here on the board, that the reason Honda's engineer types have it facing the lower side is because the rear brake disc and rear drive stuff is on the other side and it is easier to get a tire gauge on the opposite side??...I sometimes struggle with it, but generally put the bike on center stand and no issues....
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker View Post
    I bought my new f6b last weekend. Today is really the first day I had much time to tinker. So I went to the garage and added a 12v socket in the cubby. Got some radio stations programmed and decided to check the air in the tires as that is one of my OCD things. Low and behold on the back wheel/tire the valve stem faces the low side of the bike needless to say I'm not really happy about that.
    It is a bit of a PIA without a center stand. Especially since you have to hold onto the valve stem to get a good seat with a guage and or air hose. I will be replacing my valve stems with the chrome steel variety that actually bolt onto the rim when I change my tires. I have Jake Wilson's on my Valk and they are really nice and inexpensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    It is a bit of a PIA without a center stand. Especially since you have to hold onto the valve stem to get a good seat with a guage and or air hose. I will be replacing my valve stems with the chrome steel variety that actually bolt onto the rim when I change my tires. I have Jake Wilson's on my Valk and they are really nice and inexpensive.
    Good idea, Jimmytee All metal valve stems, either steel or aluminum, are a big improvement, at least to me. You can eliminate those worrysome plastic retaining clips and, as an added bonus, you don't have to hold the stem to check tire pressure.
    Ken (Hornblower)

An air gauge with a locking chuck works well.
    2013 F6B in black of course

I'm hoping this is a joke.

No - it's real .