mounting a tour pack
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mounting a tour pack

mounting a tour pack

I got a heck of a deal on this Harley tour pack. Now I'm looking for a way to mount this that would be easy enough to remove when not needed.
    I'm thinking along the way of the MP3 rack.
    Any other Ideas you can come up with?

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

is that a headrest for the passenger?

Thanks Steve, but I didn't see how he mounted it.
    I suppose I could look into fabricating something, but I would also like to have a rack for hauling other things on occasion. That is why I was thinking the MP3 rack. It sounds like it would be strong enough for using it this way. Just not sure how it would fit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by olds34dude View Post
    is that a headrest for the passenger?
    It could be for me if I mounted it where it sits!
    Otherwise, it is just a better backrest to spoil the "boss" with!

Cool

Pick up the rack and go to Givi, and see if they have a mounting hardware or quick disconnect...I have read that here, just can't find it...

http://www.giviusa.com/givi-products...ersal-mounting

Try ....... E 251
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

you could certainly hear the speakers mounted there!!, I'd look at GIVI too, seems they had great mounting system, had one a few years ago and remember when installing how impressed I was with Italian quality ( have to say that the boss here is one LOL) good luck with that, Dave

I mounted mine with spacers similar to the MP3 Rack.(But Longer out of 1/4" steel pipe) Made a flat metal plate in place of the rack . Screwed from the inside of the box to the Plate (My box has a liner to hide the bolts)so all you have to do is unscrew 4 bolts and its off. Of course you need a wire plug if you have running, brake, turn lights as I do in mine.
    I'm removing mine in a few days. I'll try to get some photos up if there is an interest..........I've put thousands of miles on mine with no issues what so ever...other than Honda riders having issues with a Harley style box on a Honda and of course the Harley guys with issues of a Honda attached to a Harley box....lol..they can all kiss my .............Dickie

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    I mounted mine with spacers similar to the MP3 Rack.(But Longer out of 1/4" steel pipe) Made a flat metal plate in place of the rack . Screwed from the inside of the box to the Plate (My box has a liner to hide the bolts)so all you have to do is unscrew 4 bolts and its off. Of course you need a wire plug if you have running, brake, turn lights as I do in mine.
    I'm removing mine in a few days. I'll try to get some photos up if there is an interest..........I've put thousands of miles on mine with no issues what so ever................Dickie
    I would like to see this set-up. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Until I get photos up. You can go to the 2014 Franklin NC. Photos and see a photo of the box on the Fast Black 6 Bagger.....................Dickie