New F6B deluxe owner from Charlotte saying Hello!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New F6B deluxe owner from Charlotte saying Hello!

New F6B deluxe owner from Charlotte saying Hello!

Hi Guys,

Proud new owner of red 2013 deluxe model. First cruiser style bike. Coming over from sportbikes (2006 suzuki hayabusa and 2006 kawasaki zx10r). After much research, decided on F6b. Very happy with decision. Power, handling and comfort are all there. Looking forward to learning all i can from my fellow f6b owners and i would love to meet up with any locals when the opportunity presents. Rey

Quote Originally Posted by reys13f6b View Post
    Hi Guys,

Proud new owner of red 2013 deluxe model. First cruiser style bike. Coming over from sportbikes (2006 suzuki hayabusa and 2006 kawasaki zx10r). After much research, decided on F6b. Very happy with decision. Power, handling and comfort are all there. Looking forward to learning all i can from my fellow f6b owners and i would love to meet up with any locals when the opportunity presents. Rey
    I bought a red 13 in July, and am very happy. I'm sure you'll love the bike and there is plenty of options to swallow up any extra cash you might have. The bike is very confident when pushed hard in the corners, yet can soak up some miles in comfort. For me, real comfort began with helibars, a Corbin seat and Ergo III highway pegs. There are a lot of windshield options. I have the Baggershield which looks cool, but gives you the option to have a higher clear section for added wind protection. The stock shorty doesn't give much of any wind protection and the radio will get drowned out easily by the wind. I saw a post yesterday where someone wasn't aware that there was a USB plug in the left saddlebag to hook up a thumb drive or I pod, so just putting that out there.Enjoy.

Welcome to the F6B crew. You will find this site a spectacular source of info.

I totally get the "cruiser" designation of the F6B but after spending a couple years considering the FJR1300 and the Kawi Concourse and finding them too small as long distance vehicles, I can't help but describe the F6B as the biggest and baddest sport touring machine available to fit my 240 lb frame.

Call it what you will.....you are gonna have a blast on it.

tink

from Advance, USA!
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by reys13f6b View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Coming over from sportbikes (2006 suzuki hayabusa and 2006 kawasaki zx10r).
    You will discover fairly quickly that you still have a sportsbike!

Welcome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Before the breathing air is gone, before the sun is just a bright star in the night sky.

Same path for me... From over 1000cc hypersport as Zx14 and Hayabusa I at least reach the peace with Adventure1190 and now with F6B...

Never washed yet my F6b...I hope to not discover the famous paint issues...

Congrats and welcome aboard! I would imagine that coming from sportbikes to an F6B is a very natural progression since the F6B is kind of like a giant sportbike. It has similar power and handling plus long distance comfort.

Welcome from Philly!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    Same path for me... From over 1000cc hypersport as Zx14 and Hayabusa I at least reach the peace with Adventure1190 and now with F6B...
    Do you still have the KTM? What did you not like about the 1190. I was going to look at the new 1290 Super Adventure. F6B would seem a lot different.