Winter blend gas or real gas - cold engine hesitation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter blend gas or real gas - cold engine hesitation

Winter blend gas or real gas - cold engine hesitation

With winter coming on, and the possibility that I will have to park for a week or so due to weather, i started to use all 100% gas over the past month. Now the cold engine hesitation is gone. Not sure if its the real gas or possibly a winter blend in my area.

Any opinions? I will be trying the E-10 for a few weeks to see if the hesitation comes back.

Thanks.

Or maybe it's the cooler weather.

IAT is one of the correction inputs used by the ECM to adjust fuel injector volume...

Good point.

But at least one other person has said temperature\humidity didn't affect their hesitation.

My hesitation seems to have gone away after it got cooler and I'm still using the same gas... so idk.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    But at least one other person has said temperature\humidity didn't affect their hesitation.
    That would be me.

I have also experimented with premium gas with no ethanol. For the past month I have used only non ethanol gas in anticipation of storing my bike for the 5 winter months. I saw no change in my cold engine surging/hesitation using non-ethanol fuel.

Oh, and to the OP who anticipates a 1 week interlude from riding, and is concerned about fuel separation, welcome to my world of 5 months of layup.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    That would be me.

I have also experimented with premium gas with no ethanol. For the past month I have used only non ethanol gas in anticipation of storing my bike for the 5 winter months. I saw no change in my cold engine surging/hesitation using non-ethanol fuel.

Oh, and to the OP who anticipates a 1 week interlude from riding, and is concerned about fuel separation, welcome to my world of 5 months of layup.
    Yup... that'd be you!

What is this "winter" of which you speak?

Be careful as I heard a "rumor" that Florida and California are going to break off from the mainland and fall into the ocean!!...Just kidding..

I have it on good word that after they break off the would go directly to the south pole 😜

The base layer of limestone here in Florida will just dissolve and we'll become WaterWorld