2015 F6B in dealerships - November? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 F6B in dealerships - November?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
    My dealer in Omaha says January. I like the blue one, but I am having trouble convincing myself to trade in my perfectly good 2013 red deluxe f6b and pay roughly $10,000 just because I prefer the blue color and factory cruise. Unfortunately, I'm usually able to talk myself into such nonsense
    If the money isn't an issue, then why not?
    You only go around once, and you can't take it with you.

If I had an extra $10k doing nothing, I'd trade my black '13 on a the matte gunmetal black/r '15 with cruise , ABS, and the angrier black pipes.

And, BTW, in reading the specs for the '15 in Canada, I read this:

"Motorized headlight aiming system is operated by a dial switch and provides 2.5 degrees of adjustment from level."

Does the US version also get this for '15?

"Motorized headlight aiming system is operated by a dial switch and provides 2.5 degrees of adjustment from level."

That is if you have a plus size on the back and need to lower the headlight... no I do not know if the USA model will have this... I also just got my F6 the wayI want it...$10K to have cruise and the matt balck.... not sure...seems like a waste and a lot more work to meake the 15 mine....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

One of my concerns is the meaner exhaust note. I am probably one of the few who like my goldwing to be quiet. It's easier to hear the radio. As far as making the 15 mine, I plan on transferring all of my add ons from my 13 to the 15 and BAM! I'm done.

One of my concerns is the meaner exhaust note. I am probably one of the few who like my goldwing to be quiet. It's easier to hear the radio. As far as making the 15 mine, I plan on transferring all of my add ons from my 13 to the 15 and BAM! I'm done.
    Dawg,
    You get the 15, and we'll trade exhaust systems off my 14, split shippping.
    Deal?
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    If the money isn't an issue, then why not?
    You only go around once, and you can't take it with you.

If I had an extra $10k doing nothing, I'd trade my black '13 on a the matte gunmetal black/r '15 with cruise , ABS, and the angrier black pipes.

And, BTW, in reading the specs for the '15 in Canada, I read this:

Does the US version also get this for '15?
    I could be wrong but I think the headlight adjustment is a misprint from Honda. I think it is only available on the Goldwing. They may have used the spec sheet from the Wing.

+1 here.

After coming from much louder aftermarket pipes on my previous rides I really enjoy the quietness of the F6B. Would really like to hear the sound of the new exhaust Honda came up with. I wonder if it is the same one on the new Valk. I took one out for a test ride this summer and it did have a deeper note than my 6.

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    Would really like to hear the sound of the new exhaust Honda came up with. I wonder if it is the same one on the new Valk.
    Honda says the '15 'B pipes are the same as those on the Valk.

not any more

at first I really missed my obnoxiously LOUD V-twin exhaust sound. Cobra Shotguns!

Now I wonder how I ever liked that??

I still find myself occasionally riding in 4th since the F6B is so quiet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Honda says the '15 'B pipes are the same as those on the Valk.
    That's great information. Thanks. I owned the new Valkyrie for a few months and thought it sounded good and not too loud at idle and around town. However, I found it borderline too loud/annoyoing at highway speeds with the tall windscreen installed. However, I didn't have a radio on the Valk to cover up the noise and I don't think it was so loud that I wouldn't be able to hear the radio clearly just by turning it up a little. But, the fairing of the wing may make the pipes sound louder by decreasing wind noise. My dealer says I can test ride the bike as soon as they get it to find out. If it is January in Omaha I may need to wait for snow to melt