Dark Side question

Thread: Dark Side question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dark Side question

I just watched another video of a rear tire change. Getting ready to replace mine.

Any how, for years I've loved the feeling of a new tire after my old one had worn to a generally flat tread. So, I'm watching this guy replace his tire with a car tire, and I'm wondering how that square-ish tread must feel when leaning into a turn. I mean, I can tell when my tire is worn, because I have to coax it up onto that 'edge' from wear.

Can someone tell me how you dark siders do it?

I've been thinking about crossing over but still am not sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

shooter
    There are several threads on the subject recently. Bob109 has some informative posts. Right tire and right air pressure and you will love it.

The Dark Side

Currently running a General G-Max 195/55-R16 with just shy of 23K miles of wear! No crash and burns as the critics would suggest. The tire corners as good as a MT. Finding the air pressure "sweet spot" is key to performance and handling!

Attaching several "Threads/Posts" for your reading enjoyment! Do all your research "up front" and you should have success in selecting the right tire for you! First hand experience is a must. If you don't like the feel/performance you can always return to a MT.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...ark-Side-Miles

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5...rk-Side-Riders

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...r-Tire-Mileage

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?23-Spare-Rear-Wheel

With over 50k miles on a car tire on my Valkyrie one thing I can tell you is the front tire makes a lot of difference in the feeling also. Having a good front tire can take away that feeling of a square back tire.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Currently running a General G-Max 195/55-R16 with just shy of 23K miles of wear! No crash and burns as the critics would suggest. The tire corners as good as a MT. Finding the air pressure "sweet spot" is key to performance and handling!
    Not sure how that can be possible given the significant differences between the car tire and the MC tire. I have no doubt that the car tire works great for you and certainly runs for many more miles than a MC tire, but the handling is an area that will suffer with a car tire. Some may not feel or notice the difference, but to state that a car tires corners the same on a motorcycle is a bit of a stretch.

It doesn't matter to me what kind of tire anyone runs on their bike, but they need to understand that there are pros and cons involved.

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    Not sure how that can be possible given the significant differences between the car tire and the MC tire. I have no doubt that the car tire works great for you and certainly runs for many more miles than a MC tire, but the handling is an area that will suffer with a car tire. Some may not feel or notice the difference, but to state that a car tires corners the same on a motorcycle is a bit of a stretch.

It doesn't matter to me what kind of tire anyone runs on their bike, but they need to understand that there are pros and cons involved.
    What has been "your personal experience" with a CT on your motorcycle?

You mis-quoted me! I stated a CT corners "AS GOOD AS" a MT, not corners the "SAME AS"

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post

I will tell you how you can find out put one on an try it. You will be surprised at how it handles.

Thanks for the links bob!