Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
The true story (i.e both sides) can only be told by two subsets of people #1 - Folks who have tried it and liked it. #2 - Folks who have tried it and disliked it.

The problem with you (or me, for that matter), or most of the authors of the articles floating around, is that we have nothing to offer to the story as we have no first hand data. To come in and say "It won't be as good!" is foolish, it would also be equally foolish to say "It will be better!", without having tried it to know.
I don't need to get shot by a gun to know it's going to feel different than getting cut by a knife. I've spoken to a few people that have car tires on their bikes and all of them say it feels different than when they had a motorcycle tire on the bike. Whether its better or worse is obviously going to be up to the individual owner.

There is at least one thread floating around this forum where a guy has a car tire on his F6B and doesn't understand why the bike handles like crap. It works for some and not for others. That is my main point.