Dark Side question - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dark Side question

80,000 plus miles, I ain't going back. Makes a great stopping tire when pulling my Bunkhouse camper. Handling, I don't remember. When I got my F6B, the M/C tire was removed at 60 miles. I just put on another Bridgestone Ecopia at 23,000 miles. I have another tire Hornblower ordered for me for the extra rim.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    There is a RTE in Crystal River...ride up and you can take mine for a ride !!! You are not going to get a better offer !!!!
    Very cool of you to offer Steve! When is the RTE... is there a meeting spot?

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    So if I try a CT and it doesn't handle as well as a MT, will one of you guys saying that let me kick you in the nuts?
    No but you have my permission to kick Scot in the nuts. Sorry Scot. Better you than me.

What do you mean when you say that you feel everything with a car tire? In western North Carolina, there are a lot of grooved roads to help with the weather. The tread on my stock tires handle this well, no moving side to side, but with my Honda VTX 1300, the tread goes in the opposite direction and boy do you feel the grooves and movement. Is this what you feel with the car tire as the treads are similar to the VTX?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

shooter
    srt8 I will tell you how I approached it. I do have an advantage. I have been a tire dealer for 25 years. I read bob109 posts about the g-max and right after that my wholesaler ran some specials on it. Picked one up for about $70. Bought a new takeoff wheel from HOR for like $200 and sold the tire on the forum for $100. So I got like $170 in a new tire and wheel. Figured if I didn't like it Bob would buy it.Ha. So now I could try it and still have the MC tire and wheel if I didn't like it. Well I liked it. Bought the Michelin Primacy Alpin and put it in the rack. Gonna order a chrome rim from whoever has the best warranty and put the Michelin on it. I will keep the general mounted as is for a spare. Ordered a new RCWheel for the front. If that Michelin is as good as they say it is it will be my primary tire. I gotta tell you though I really like the feel of the G-Max.