Hello all, new F6B owner here...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello all, new F6B owner here...

Hello all, new F6B owner here...

Hello from New Bern Nc.
    Here is a short version of my story.
    54years old now and been riding something and anything since age 5. Owned most every Jap. brand out there and enjoyed most of them.
    Always wanted a wing, but not all the baggage that came with them... Then I saw a F6, Oh yea, I had to have it. Now I do.

Just went from a Concours 1400 to the F6B, Night and day difference. Each bike has it's +/-. like they all do.
    Love lots of things about the new wing, but I do have a couple of issues...

The owners manual is pretty much useless for anything other than learning how the radio works... I have not read it all yet but, nothing about removing body panels (1st thing I'm gonna change is the windshield).
    I do all of my own maint. that I possible can and enjoy understanding what goes on in each bike I have ever owned.
    Looking forward to learning from all you guys and reading the boards about everything involving this wonderful machine.
    Al

Welcome Roland! I lived in Carolina Pines for many years.
    This bike is nothing short of awesome.
    Lots of good knowledge in these hallowed pages.
    Fall rally over Labor Day weekend.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

45 miles away and still looking for that perfect deal!

Quote Originally Posted by roland View Post
    Hello from New Bern Nc.
    Here is a short version of my story.
    54years old now and been riding something and anything since age 5. Owned most every Jap. brand out there and enjoyed most of them.
    Always wanted a wing, but not all the baggage that came with them... Then I saw a F6, Oh yea, I had to have it. Now I do.

Just went from a Concours 1400 to the F6B, Night and day difference. Each bike has it's +/-. like they all do.
    Love lots of things about the new wing, but I do have a couple of issues...

The owners manual is pretty much useless for anything other than learning how the radio works... I have not read it all yet but, nothing about removing body panels (1st thing I'm gonna change is the windshield).
    I do all of my own maint. that I possible can and enjoy understanding what goes on in each bike I have ever owned.
    Looking forward to learning from all you guys and reading the boards about everything involving this wonderful machine.
    Al
    Al:

Treat yourself early for Christmas and buy the "OEM Factory Service Manual"! Stay away from the aftermarket versions as they tend to be "generic" in nature. If you bought you bike from a "Authorized Honda Dealer" their Parts Department is your source for the OEM Manual.

Congrats on your new ride!

Congratulations! I came off a 2012 C14 too, and you're dead on each has it's pros and cons. Overall I find the Honda more fulfilling across all types of riding. My wife loves the 6 versus the C14. We shared a 5 day 1900 mile vacation which included a 520 mile last day to get home day and she didn't complain until about 20 miles from home. No way she would have even agreed to do that same ride on the C14.

You tube is a great place to find information on basic maintenance items. I found ones on windshield removal that was super helpful. Made my swap simple and fast.

Enjoy your new ride!

Josh

You tube is a great place to find information on basic maintenance items. I found ones on windshield removal that was super helpful. Made my swap simple and fast.
    I second that! And

Welcome from Texas. I too came from a Concours14. The only thing I miss is the ground clearance, especially when I get to ride North Carolina!

Nice to here from you Roland, If you ever decide to ride AU give our boys a tingle, I've just finished a trip around the edge 18000km unfortunately not on the F6B, but thats next.

Cheers and best

Chris, and of course the others here.

Welcome

Congrats and yes get yourself the Helm service manual. All the maintenance info you'll need.
    2013 F6B in black of course