TPMS... nothing but crap - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TPMS... nothing but crap

Sorry no updates; idk if any of these kits have been updated or if something new is on the market.

I'm still disappointed to see so many companies making what seem like unreliable *toys* for such a critical application. Be careful with what you buy and search for more recent reviews. I think some of the systems out there will do little more than provide a false sense of security.

Every once in a while you'll see a news story about a motorcycle fatality due to a tire blowout. I can't help but wonder how many of these were from packing the wife and a week's worth of gear on under inflated tires.

IMO, no TPMS is better than a flaky one. At least this way you're obligated to manually check your tires.

Quote Originally Posted by pressorv View Post
    Love your research, THANK YOU for finding all this info. Question is, are there any UPDATES? I am in the market for one as a father day's gift. What have others selected?
    YW btw. And I'd also love to hear from others.

yup

Well my search started with the 7 dollar deals, to a cheap solution, to finding this thread and going crap, I have to spend some coin.

I guess there isn't anyone with a something installed who can say hey, this thing works...

Sigh

This is your project George! Any updates?
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quick update on the redesign..
    "
    Date: 2015-06-01 21:13:36
    Name: Help Desk Staff
    Printer friendly version
    Robert,

Unfortunately, we cannot provide details on the TPMS at this point. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Help Desk Staff
    Kisan Tech Support
    Kisan Electronics, Inc.
    http://www.kisantech.com"

Huh, well thanks for nothing..

Well my search started with the 7 dollar deals, to a cheap solution, to finding this thread and going crap, I have to spend some coin.

I guess there isn't anyone with a something installed who can say hey, this thing works...

Sigh
    I assumed you saw this thread? I know it's still not gonna help with a Father's Day gift.

After all of my disappointing research I decided to go ahead and make my own TPMS. I have a few loose ends to button up before it's finished.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4...highlight=tpms

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    This is your project George! Any updates?
    Always the supporter; thanks buddy I'm still interested to hear of any user experiences with what people are using.

No updates still. I seem to have one thing after another vying for my time. I completed some fence work and put in some new grass around the house. Last weekend was spent putting a new tire on. Now I have some stucco repair and re-arranging some walls in the laundry room

I'm slowly but surely digging myself out of the hole to be able to get back to the project...

I forgot to mention the bathroom that I completely gutted and remodeled that sucked up a couple of months.

Quick update on the redesign..
    "
    Date: 2015-06-01 21:13:36
    Name: Help Desk Staff
    Printer friendly version
    Robert,

Unfortunately, we cannot provide details on the TPMS at this point. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Help Desk Staff
    Kisan Tech Support
    Kisan Electronics, Inc.
    http://www.kisantech.com"

Huh, well thanks for nothing..
    Well that's not saying anything at all lol.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    I assumed you saw this thread? I know it's still not gonna help with a Father's Day gift.

After all of my disappointing research I decided to go ahead and make my own TPMS. I have a few loose ends to button up before it's finished.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4...highlight=tpms

Always the supporter; thanks buddy I'm still interested to hear of any user experiences with what people are using.

No updates still. I seem to have one thing after another vying for my time. I completed some fence work and put in some new grass around the house. Last weekend was spent putting a new tire on. Now I have some stucco repair and re-arranging some walls in the laundry room

I'm slowly but surely digging myself out of the hole to be able to get back to the project...

I forgot to mention the bathroom that I completely gutted and remodeled that sucked up a couple of months.

Well that's not saying anything at all lol.
    Dang, such the handy man you are. Should I put you on my short list for my house? Nah, I'm having a new home built in Mulberry/Lakeland.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I personally hate TPMS, being in the automotive tire business. I don't need a light telling me my tire is 3lbs low (or high ) and making me wonder if I'll make it home or not. The technology is awesome and I get it, but the reality needs tweaking bad. There's just too many issues.

So the tpm systems on Amazon, made for trailers etc was my first thought. Then realized the extra weight and clearance could be an issue. Alas, just seems like someone would have a proven solution for the task. Do the type "a" gw already have tpm?

I decided to order a Mobiletron - PTO_VPC02A-LA4. They are out of black, so i am waiting on length to ship and shipping costs. unit was about 135. Apparently they used to sell external version.. only silver and black now. Silver in stock