Honda Warranty Question

Thread: Honda Warranty Question

Honda Warranty Question

Does anyone have any experience on this?
    I bought My 2013 out of W. Virginia and had it delivered. I have the title no problem once all the red tape was handled. I went to my Honda dealer whom I have been doing parts and fix-it stuff over the last five years. Wanted to have the warranty transferred to my name.
    They told me that since the warranty was originally with a dealer,they had to leave it in their name and could not transfer it to me.
    Now I always thought that a transferable warranty went to the present owner's name.
    The dealer then tried to sell me an extended warranty for 1095 dollars.
    Do I need to call American Honda to get the details of this?
    I have no issues with the bike but just in case,I don't want to find out if I do.
    Thoughts ?

All a lie..... the warranty is on THE BIKE, does not matter whose name is on what...HONDA'S name is on it FIRST!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Steve is 100% correct.

Warranty stays with bike.

I have arranged a GROUP BUY on the 4 year extended warranty for less than half of what you were quoted.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Steve is 100% correct.

I have arranged a GROUP BUY on the 4 year extended warranty for less than half of what you were quoted.
    Phantom...Any time frame on when this group buy on the extended warranty may be available?...Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Steve is 100% correct.

How and when should we sign for that list ? Will you provide any links or simply announce on that forum ?

Thank you for the responses. That gives me peace of mind. I was concerned 'my' dealer was giving me the run-around since I didnt but from them.
    I would have preferred to,but he knew I wanted one and would not budge off the original sticker price. I bought it in April past and got a killer deal - who would pass up a $5k break? I figure I had been doing business with them and loyalty works both ways. I had cash in hand.
    Anyway,thanx guys. I just wanted to be sure I don't have to ship it back to W. Virginia to get service if it comes up.
    I too am curious about the group buy on the extended. Finances are always a problem so I cant commit but would like to stay in the loop on that. Sounds like a good investment.
    I plan to keep this one a looong time 'mi amour