Cover for passenger backrest removal

Thread: Cover for passenger backrest removal

Cover for passenger backrest removal

I have the black deluxe model with the passenger backrest. Since I rarely have a passenger, I removed the passenger backrest and that leaves 4 empty bolt holes. Is there a cover that goes over these holes and makes for a more finished look? I'm assuming the non-deluxe models come with this cover, right?

Backrest bolt holes...

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I have the black deluxe model with the passenger backrest. Since I rarely have a passenger, I removed the passenger backrest and that leaves 4 empty bolt holes. Is there a cover that goes over these holes and makes for a more finished look? I'm assuming the non-deluxe models come with this cover, right?
    Yep... The non-deluxe models have a different covering there...check with ur dealer..he should be able to help!! (Let me know what he says)
    peace..

Quote Originally Posted by Racer X View Post
    Yep... The non-deluxe models have a different covering there...check with ur dealer..he should be able to help!! (Let me know what he says)
    peace..
    Thanks, Racer X, I'll look into that. Usually, I'm mostly interested in safety and performance mods but somehow, on this bike, I'm thinking about looks too.

Thanks, Racer X, I'll look into that. Usually, I'm mostly interested in safety and performance mods but somehow, on this bike, I'm thinking about looks too.

Hornblower keep us informed.I to would like a cover when backrest is not on.

I'll post with what I figure out. Another option, I suppose, would be to add some kind of rack back there. I'm not too crazy about the OEM rear carrier especially since it's rated at something like 6 lbs. I believe, at this point, I would just rather have no rack and a smooth, finished look.

I'll post with what I figure out. Another option, I suppose, would be to add some kind of rack back there. I'm not too crazy about the OEM rear carrier especially since it's rated at something like 6 lbs. I believe, at this point, I would just rather have no rack and a smooth, finished look.

A 6 lbs rear rack rating is no good for me. Most of the times my lunch box alone is over that rating.