OK I might go bigger
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK I might go bigger

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OK I might go bigger

I'm thinking of getting a larger windshield. I"m 5'10" and need some advice.

I'm thinking of an 11 inch dark shield. I have an arthritic neck and the stock shortie is ok. The wind hits my chest and my helmet is in "clean" air. I get no helmet shake at all. But hearing the audio is a challenge at highway speeds.

I really don't care for the real tall shield look I'm afraid that the 11 inch will move the wind that currently hits my torso/shoulders will move up and catch the top of my helmet.

Any thoughts?

Any shields for sale? I think dark tint would look best.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post

I'm thinking of an 11 inch dark shield. I have an arthritic neck and the stock shortie is ok. The wind hits my chest and my helmet is in "clean" air. I get no helmet shake at all. But hearing the audio is a challenge at highway speeds.

I really don't care for the real tall shield look I'm afraid that the 11 inch will move the wind that currently hits my torso/shoulders will move up and catch the top of my helmet.

Any thoughts?

Hi Darkknight.

I am about 6', I have chosen the 13" from Cee Bailey's, in black. That's what it looks like:

IMG_1032.jpg

I just love it !

Marc

I'm 5`11" love my CB 13". I'm comfy at 80 with my open face helmet. I may run a 15" in winter... Pics of my bike in photo section.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

P5030013.jpgThis is F4 customs +4 it is a lot of windshield but keeps the wind over my head and not under my full face helmet.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Attachment 822This is F4 customs +4 it is a lot of windshield but keeps the wind over my head and not under my full face helmet.
    Could you possibly get a measurement from the top of the rubber trim to the top of the windshield please?

Thanks
    Jim

The length is 20/1/2 inches. I am 5' 8". I have had cataract operations and could not stand the wind entering the bottom of a full face helmet with the stock windshield.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    The length is 20/1/2 inches. I am 5' 8". I have had cataract operations and could not stand the wind entering the bottom of a full face helmet with the stock windshield.
    Thank You!

Yes the stock short one was on mine for about ten minutes for the ride home, I replaced it with the Honda tall one with the vent. I would like one about an inch taller than that.

I am 5'10" and ave a 13" Cee Bailey. It works great!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post

Any thoughts?

"Ride Shiny Side Up"

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    I am 5'10" and ave a 13" Cee Bailey. It works great!
    Bagger Shield 2 piece works for me, but there will always be times you wish it was higher or lower.

I have a new Cee Baileys 9" Opaque Black Windshield for sale

PM me if you would like to buy it...I'm going taller for longer rides

$100 including shipping