Aggravated at Kuryakyn - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aggravated at Kuryakyn

I too get aggrivated with Kury but not about their return policy. I get frustrated with their lack of quality. They offer an amazing variety of products for many motorcycle brands. However, I have had quality issues with both peeling chrome on Harley accessories and chipping paint on my F6B purchases. They are innovative in product offerings but need to improve their quality standards especially at the price points they demand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happy ending

The story has a happy ending. After a long search, I was able to find the receipt. I took it and the offending light back to the dealer where I bought it. They are working with Kuryakyn to replace it. I should have a new light within the week.
    I am still aggravated at Kuryakyn, though. This nonsense about maybe I bought it broken on Ebay is BS. The light has a 3-year guarantee, and it hasn't been out for three years. If It has gone bad, without any obvious damage to the unit, Kuryakyn should have honored their guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMike View Post
    I am still aggravated at Kuryakyn, though. This nonsense about maybe I bought it broken on Ebay is BS. The light has a 3-year guarantee, and it hasn't been out for three years. If It has gone bad, without any obvious damage to the unit, Kuryakyn should have honored their guarantee.
    But it isn't nonsense, because their warranty expressly states that even if you bought it brand spanking new and it worked perfectly from an auction site the warranty would not be honored direct. It also expressly states it won't be honored without a receipt. You are acting as though they were making stuff up after the fact and trying to pull a fast one on you. The fact that it is under 3 years old makes no difference, it could be 3 days since release and if you can't prove you bought it from a legit dealer they won't warranty it. And I happen to think that is perfectly fair.

I am however glad that you found your receipt and are getting a new light, I just think you are cutting Kury down for the wrong reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    But it isn't nonsense, because their warranty expressly states that even if you bought it brand spanking new and it worked perfectly from an auction site the warranty would not be honored direct. It also expressly states it won't be honored without a receipt. You are acting as though they were making stuff up after the fact and trying to pull a fast one on you. The fact that it is under 3 years old makes no difference, it could be 3 days since release and if you can't prove you bought it from a legit dealer they won't warranty it. And I happen to think that is perfectly fair.

I am however glad that you found your receipt and are getting a new light, I just think you are cutting Kury down for the wrong reasons.
    Think what you will. There's good customer service, and there's lousy customer service. Refusing to honor their warranty without the receipt on a product that has to still be within the warranty is lousy customer service.