Aggravated at Kuryakyn
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aggravated at Kuryakyn

Aggravated at Kuryakyn

Always keep good track of your receipts!
    I put the Kuryakyn lights on the rear of my F6B back in August.
    They are supposed to have a three-year guarantee.
    But the shallow V-shaped lights that go across the rear of the bike have malfunctioned. One side of the set is lit, the other is dark.
    But I can't get Kuryakyn to make it right, because I can't find the receipt for when I bought them in August.
    I thought I bought them at a local shop, but they don't have a record of the sale. And I can't find a receipt anywhere.
    So Kuryakyn says unless I can find a receipt, they can't do anything.
    I pointed out that these are supposed to have a three-year guarantee, and neither the F6B nor the lights have even been out for three years, but they won't bend.
    No receipt, no guarantee.
    So I'm pouring through credit card statements, hoping I used plastic for the purchase. Unless I can find proof of the sale, I have to either buy a new light or just take them off the bike. I'm leaning toward just taking them off the bike.
    You'd think that because it's obvious that the lights are less than three years old, Kuryakyn would just live up to the warranty, but no.
    It's my own fault for improper record keeping, but it's very aggravating.

Most places have a requirement for a receipt, but in this particular case...

"I pointed out that these are supposed to have a three-year guarantee, and neither the F6B nor the lights have even been out for three years, but they won't bend."

Duh, common sense says it is not possible for this product to be out of warranty.
    For a company not to stand behind a product in this case is quite troublesome.
    Thanks for sharing this.

Forum membership and participation carries a lot of weight with vendors. They know all too well how the word gets spread, and the impact, good or bad, that that word can have on sales.

I would re-contact Kury and tell them your buds on HondaF6B are quite surprised and disappointed that you're not being taken care of.

I'm surprised there is no mfg date stamp on the product somewheres. Well you can send them my response if you like. I've never been overly impressed with Kuryakin, most of their stuff looks to me like pugly, way over priced, chromed plastic...stuff. I was playing around with buying the same lens you have though, thanks for the heads up, because I certainly won't buy it now.
    ss^,
    Ken

shooter
    Yep. Same for me. Use my name. Tell em Shooter said that they're stuff sucks!!

If, in fact, Kuryakn is failing to honor a valid warranty, then shame on them. During my working career, I observed one truth repeatedly which was this...ALL companies make mistakes but it's what they do to correct the mistakes that sets them apart. I choose to do business with those who do the right thing.
    Ken (Hornblower)

If you purchased those directly from Kuryakyn they have records. Most people do not purchase directly from them because the price is at list price. All items not purchased directly from them are handled through the retailer. Kuryakyn web site "Returns must be processed through original seller". They are also specific about verifying purchase dates with a receipt. From Kuryakyn Web Site "Küryakyn shall have no obligation in the event the customer is unable to provide a receipt showing the date the customer purchased the product(s)". They have a lot of people that purchase used or broken parts from EBay, items on Auction Sites from non authorized dealers, people turning in items that are 10years old, items that are damaged by customers in accidents, etc. and want replacements. We as the retailer have to sort through all of this, but we have electronic records going back 15 years, so we can help the customer. Kuryakyn is very good about taking care of warranty items for us, we have not had a problem ever. They do stand behind their products. I would suggest looking at your wiring to make sure that it is still hooked up and all connections are good. If you are positive the LED strip is good and you can not find a receipt and you are a customer of ours give Teresa a call, we can probably help. Rick

I think Rick has said everything really well, and while I understand your frustration at having a non working item I am going to play devils advocate.

Without a receipt how does Kuryakyn have any idea you are even the original owner? I would assume that like most companies the warranty is only good for the original owner, and in this case they have no idea if that is you or not. Items get sold on this forum all the time, not to mention ebay and craigslist, and without a receipt Kury has no clue where you are in the supply chain.

I hope you are able to figure out a fix to your issue or find your receipt, but I find it hare to fault Kury in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by rickw View Post
    If you purchased those directly from Kuryakyn they have records. Most people do not purchase directly from them because the price is at list price. All items not purchased directly from them are handled through the retailer. Kuryakyn web site "Returns must be processed through original seller". They are also specific about verifying purchase dates with a receipt. From Kuryakyn Web Site "Küryakyn shall have no obligation in the event the customer is unable to provide a receipt showing the date the customer purchased the product(s)". They have a lot of people that purchase used or broken parts from EBay, items on Auction Sites from non authorized dealers, people turning in items that are 10years old, items that are damaged by customers in accidents, etc. and want replacements. We as the retailer have to sort through all of this, but we have electronic records going back 15 years, so we can help the customer. Kuryakyn is very good about taking care of warranty items for us, we have not had a problem ever. They do stand behind their products. I would suggest looking at your wiring to make sure that it is still hooked up and all connections are good. If you are positive the LED strip is good and you can not find a receipt and you are a customer of ours give Teresa a call, we can probably help. Rick
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    I think Rick has said everything really well, and while I understand your frustration at having a non working item I am going to play devils advocate.

Without a receipt how does Kuryakyn have any idea you are even the original owner? I would assume that like most companies the warranty is only good for the original owner, and in this case they have no idea if that is you or not. Items get sold on this forum all the time, not to mention ebay and craigslist, and without a receipt Kury has no clue where you are in the supply chain.

I hope you are able to figure out a fix to your issue or find your receipt, but I find it hare to fault Kury in this case.
    Yep. Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Yep.

Yep. Yep.
    And Yep....Maybe other options???